PDA

View Full Version : HKS EVCIII Electronic Boost Controller Install

Marklar
18-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Ok so i am plumbing in a HKS EVC III.

1) Do I simply replace the line to the wastegate actuator and bung the old line or do I put in a T joint.

2)The pressurized 4mm line thats after the throttle body and runs to the boost control solenoid, do I replace this line and bung the old one at the solenoid, or put in a T.

Basically what do I need to do to bypass the standard boost control

3) It says to connect to a source of pressurized air before the inter cooler, why is this so? wouldnt you want it after the inter cooler?

bernmc
20-11-2007, 08:49 AM
There's an extensive EBC 'how-to' in the members section here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26996).

It'll tell you exactly where to plumb what in - it's not complicated but as you've realised, it's not simply a case of putting the new solenoid in where the old one is. You have a fair amount of re-plumbing to do.

Cough up that 20 squid and enjoy full membership benefits!

fassi1
19-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I read EBC installation at members section and gone through HKS EVC 4 installation and from what my brain worked out the plumming should be done this way:
- port 1 connects to any pressure feed on intake manifold after throttle body
- port 2 connects to port on the plastic elbow where red tipped pipe was connected originally
- port 3 connects to wastegate rail

Just want to make sure that my brain didn't make any mistakes :)5727357272

swinks
19-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Seems to be OK.

fassi1
19-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Do u recommend to follow the setup instruction?

swinks
20-08-2012, 06:05 AM
I have almost identical EVC4. Fitting and first setup done like manual says. Later was finally set by Eurospec on rolling road.