PDA

View Full Version : interior lightbulb

Robotnik123
18-11-2007, 05:40 AM
One of the lightbulbs in the main interior light (the one near the rear vision miror) was fused on the VR-4. It is a cylindrical bulb with contacts at either end; rated for 12V and 8W. Anyway, I went to two major autoparts stores, Supercheap and Repco, but neither stocked this bulb - the closest they had was a 12V 10W one.

Anyway, would it matter if I used a 12V 10W bulb instead, or should I try and find an 8W one? Would a the main dealer have them?

Thanks!

bradc
18-11-2007, 06:15 AM
It shouldn't matter too much, but you will be able to buy them from a mitsi dealer.

Robotnik123
18-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Thanks, well I might stop by the Mitsi dealer then.

It shouldn't matter too much, but you will be able to buy them from a mitsi dealer.

Fully
19-11-2007, 09:24 AM
It will be a bit brighter.
I am running 10w bulbs, with no over heating.

Paul Beazer
20-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I had the same problem over here. Have been using a 10w bulb with no major issues, but its seems to be a bit dim now.
I think it had 2 filaments but one of them has gone? Still gets bloody hot if you try and take it out when its been on though, ouch!

I aint going to no stealership and getting my wallet raped for a bulb.

They want £8 for 1 hi level brake light bulb, feck orf!

Roberto
22-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Or you could get onto E-bay and buy a full set of LED lamps for the interior.

I got twin units for the main interior and a 6 lamp unit for the load bay.

Big improvement....:iloveyou:

rees
22-11-2007, 02:38 AM
yeah id go with the led method , its the future , tougher cheaper cooler uniqu-er i get through so many of them bulbs and f**** mitsy dealership prices

Robotnik123
22-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Actually, the 8W bulb was $2 (UK 73p) at the dealer. The 10W bulb at the big autoparts chain was $2.95. Not that a 95c matters much of couse, but somestimes dealerships can be reasonable for parts and service me thinks.

I had the same problem over here. Have been using a 10w bulb with no major issues, but its seems to be a bit dim now.
I think it had 2 filaments but one of them has gone? Still gets bloody hot if you try and take it out when its been on though, ouch!

I aint going to no stealership and getting my wallet raped for a bulb.

They want £8 for 1 hi level brake light bulb, feck orf!