PDA

View Full Version : Pc Help ! Help !! Help !!!

Wodjno
18-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I am trying to install a printer on my desktop pc..
When i connect it, it doesn't pick it up automatically like it normally does when i install new hardware.
When i go to Add new hardware, it says there is already an install in progress and i have to wait for that install to finish before i can continue with a new install ? But i'm not installing any other hardware ??
When i check for applications and processes running.. It shows none ?
What is going on ??

By the way, this is on Windows Vista !!

Regards

WODJ :speechles

miller
18-11-2007, 01:48 PM
It may already have installed and its a matter of just adding new printer from the 'printers and faxes' option on the start up command box?

May be completely wrong as i have no experience of Vista.

Mike

or switch off and start again

Wodjno
18-11-2007, 02:07 PM
It may already have installed and its a matter of just adding new printer from the 'printers and faxes' option on the start up command box?

May be completely wrong as i have no experience of Vista.

Mike

or switch off and start again

Hmm.. Couldn't finder icon for printers /Grrr

I know where it would have been on XP :thinking:

Used device manager and found printer, but it wasn't installed correctlt, so now downloading drivers from HP site.. :happy:

Thanx for your help Mike :pimp2:

WODJ

bradc
18-11-2007, 07:18 PM
90% of the time with printers, you need to run the software from the printer supplier, and then plug the printer in when the software tells you.

plugging it in first is almost always WRONG

SiliconAngel
18-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Have to agree with Brad there, unless you really know what you're doing and can use Device Manager to point Windows in the right direction, but that's a little involved.

Without providing any information about models I'm afraid there's not a hell of a lot of advice we can give you other than what's already been suggested - how did you go with the downloaded drivers?

ANTHONY
18-11-2007, 11:26 PM
when i installed vista i went to load on the printer drivers and they were already done since then I've set up 3 other computers for family and Friends and every time vista has just set them up. the last one i done was even on old HP printer. so check in control panel under printers

Paul Beazer
19-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Unplug printer, reboot, install drivers, follow prompts....

SGHOM
19-11-2007, 02:48 PM
It wouldn't be a lexmark printer by any chance Glenn ? :thinking: :inquisiti

d i c k i e s
19-11-2007, 10:49 PM
so now downloading drivers from HP site.. :happy:

I think it maybe a Hewlett-Packard?

Xeroid
20-11-2007, 10:36 AM
HP printers are a pain with their installs, long winded and they go net hunting for updates and HP specific apps and rubbish to pad it all out. Have patience and next time buy something else. Our silly little HP 2575 took about 90 minutes to go through its paces and we don't use 95% of what it installed. And it's forever going off looking for updates. When my new PC arrives it ain't going to have anything to do with the HP.

pitslayer
20-11-2007, 01:01 PM
why not write it out by hand?
/pan

d i c k i e s
20-11-2007, 10:43 PM
my printer doesnt have drivers for vista yet! so they say? been like that for over a year now, and still nothing. XP works fine though.