PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Galant Conversion

MGV6
19-11-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm thinking of getting my car LPG converted and there are some things I'm not sure of.

1. Does the conversion affect the engine performance? If so, in what ways? Is speed/performance affected?

2. Generally speaking, how much does a LPG convert cost (incl. fitting)?

3. How often does an LPG need to be serviced? Can it cause problems?

4. Any places this forum recommends in getting it done from?

White Lightning
19-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm thinking of getting my car LPG converted and there are some things I'm not sure of.

1. Does the conversion affect the engine performance? If so, in what ways? Is speed/performance affected?

I am not an expert but this is what I know.

1. Not usually, and even if it does the difference is negligible ...

2. I think it's usually around £1500 - £2000 if you get it professionally installed.

3. 6 or 12 months, I can't recall which.

4. No idea, sorry.

richy rich
19-11-2007, 06:59 PM
1. Normaly 5/10% but it can be switchable so you have the power if you want it.
2. as above.
3. as above.
4. Wouter has a name of someone send him a pm.

MGV6
19-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys. One other thing I forgot to mention.....given that converting to LPG cuts down on CO2 emissions, does that mean you pay less for road tax then before? If so, what figures are we talking about? and also, how can one work out things like MPG combined cycle, urban/extra urban mode etc after LPG conversion?

Zaid
20-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Hi MGV6,
Am hopefully getting mine converted to LPG in the next week or so. Been quoted £1200 for a good multipoint system. Been told that a multipoint system will not effect the performance of the car, whereas a single point does. The place I got the quote from is from local garage here in South Wales. They seem to be professionals. I can let you know once I get mine done.

ianturbo
23-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys. One other thing I forgot to mention.....given that converting to LPG cuts down on CO2 emissions, does that mean you pay less for road tax then before? If so, what figures are we talking about? and also, how can one work out things like MPG combined cycle, urban/extra urban mode etc after LPG conversion?
i think road tax will be same (full ) the emision thing only applys to new cars ! quote me if i'm wrong though :inquisiti
ian

MGV6
26-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I managed to find out, what happens is that you will get a discount on road tax. See here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

look under "Alternative fuel car" and based on the figure stated in the engineers certificate/report, that's how much you will pay.

As for the Multipoint system, I thought they were replaced now with Sequential kits which are far better?