PDA

View Full Version : Lash Adjusters

orionn2o
20-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Fitted my lash adjusters on the weekend just gone.... easy easy job. Just don't employ a drunk mechanic to do it!!

In all seriousness it took us two afternoons to do the job (we would have started in the mornings but we were far too busy driving round looking for syringes and getting funny looks from every shop in town!), its taking all the bits off which is the most fun! And then you have to refit each tappet without it pinging off in every random direction possible! Thats after you've already lost it once when you took it off!

Sooo we put the car back together, changed the oil and fired her up!

Final result, the car is now louder than it was before!!!!! Damn, so by this point I want to kick Gowf in the nuts. But he stands by his words that in time it will get better.

So after a trip round the M25, pull up on my drive way and ....... silence.

Final final result, the engine sounds new, I'm so so impressed. Fired her up from cold this morning (-2 degrees) and there wasn't even a tick for a second.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

richy rich
20-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Cool

Nick Mann
20-11-2007, 11:06 AM
The normal way to get them to firm up is rev at 3k for 10 seconds, then let back to idle, repeat this until tappet noise is gone.

TAR
20-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Final result, the car is now louder than it was before!!!!! Damn, so by this point I want to kick Gowf in the nuts.

So how are the nuts now then? /pan