PDA

View Full Version : damaged galant at auction

ritch_w
28-01-2004, 01:20 PM
frontal damaged 2.5 V6 galant for sale here;
http://www.northernsalvage.co.uk/

enigma
28-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Another potential club buy that will go begging!!! :)

Spirit
28-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Nice pic !
http://autos.blue-sock.com/clients/4/images/large/1050596.jpg

ritch_w
29-01-2004, 12:17 PM
does anyone have an idea what something like that would go for????

adam_shaw
29-01-2004, 12:22 PM
My last galant (98, 2.5V6, Auto, Leather, FmSH), which got tail ended looked nothing like as bad, was drivable got sold at a salvage auction for 700quid!

That said it did need jigging (as I assume this does) and a new arse, crumpling crumple zones batman!

I got more than that for the stereo! (DVD/TV indash yoke) :-D

Adam

Spirit
29-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Another potential club buy that will go begging!!! :)

/rant mode on

Dave, I see your point but we can't even get anyone to be the Events Organiser and many have not even become members - so what are the chances of this EVER happening ?

I have picked up the reigns for Japfest and I am likely to need to outlay around £900 to book it for us and then get the money back. Whilst I have no issues with this as I trust everyone, I do not see people paying out for something like this currently.

Not a dig at you for your comment mate (you know me by now) just annoyance that we could be so much more......and in time I hope we will.

/rant mode off :-D

enigma
29-01-2004, 12:45 PM
I take your point, but I figure the more I go on about it the more peopel may sit up and think of the benefits! As Adam pointed out his went for £700, someone offered £500 for the leather the last time one came up!

A lot of behind the scenes work goes on with any sort of club and there are a lot of people that do not realise the personal commitment required by a few members to ensure that the club runs smoothly offering many fantastic opportunities.

Due to other commitments at the moment I am unable to take anything else on. In the future though I do hope to become a more 'senior' member involved in broadening the appeal of the club and helping attract more paying members.

I see Calum is taking up an opportunity of a group buy on some wideband O2 sensors, and in the future I would like to see more of this type of activity along with keeping my eye out for bargains and bagging them myself to sell on at no profit to members etc........rant over!

Spirit
29-01-2004, 12:54 PM
You are right Dave, the more awareness of things like group buys and "bargains" can only be a good thing for the future of the Club.

As you said, it was great to see Calum coming up with this sort of idea/action and I wholly encourage anyone in the future to do the same and help promote CVR4. I guess any club is the same where the minority do the background work, this is just a fact of life I guess, but it seems currently there are too few of us pulling in this direction.

Not a rant, the above is just fact.....and with a year of CVR4 running approaching I just hope that we can get more people on board who want the same as us so we can push CVR4 onwards and upwards. The recent press about the car can only help in this and I look forward to the day when we have money in the pot for such bargains as this Galant. :-D