PDA

View Full Version : Wideband O2 sensor Group Buy

calum
28-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Gauging interest for a group buy on a wideband O2 sensor.

This is an invaluable tool for those of you with any kind of tuning device (unichip, ems, afc-r, anything, basically) that lets you see what effect the changes you are making have on your engine.

Product details:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php

Links to manuals and forum:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

Info from site:

The instrument can sample and store the air-fuel-ratio and the other sensor data internally in operation for later analysis on a personal computer. At a sampling rate of 12 samples/second the instrument can store up to 44 minutes worth of data in non-volatile memory. The data can be downloaded to a personal computer using a standard serial port and viewed/analyzed by the included software or any standard spreadsheet program.

The standard LM-1 includes a Bosch wide-band oxygen sensor and cable, cigarette-lighter adapter, serial cable for PC connection, 9V battery, exhaust bung and plug, CD and manual. The LM-1 ships with a Bosch sensor, however, it can also function with other wide-band sensors, including Honda/NTK and VW sensors.

Available accessories include auxiliary input cables, alligator-clip power cable, exhaust clamp, analog output cable, and Aux. input expander. Additional accessories include a dash-mountable display and AC adapter.

The LM-1 sells for $349, including the oxygen sensor (Bosch LSU4.2), 10' sensor cable, 10' power cable, serial PC cable, and software.

Price to UK for one off unit is:
USD 349 for the kit
USD 50 approx for shipping

The UK equivalent is currently about £230 all in.
Bear in mind that we may get stung with vat and import duty, then at worst case it will be an all in cost of £293. Shipping the units separately may help us avoid this.

Due to the strong GBP against the USD this makes for a very attractive price. Also due to the strong GBP, I am not leaving this one up for long.

I believe quantities of 5 and 10 units should obtain us some price breaks for pricing and shipping.

To indicate your interest in the group purchase for the Innovate wideband do the following:
1. reply to this post indicating your interest
2. email me at calum_h@dsl.pipex.com and give me
A. your username
B. your name
C. your email

I will update a list on here with names on a first come first served basis.

Once we have numbers confirmed I will approach the company and confirm pricing. I will then PM each person to ask for confirmation and payment. Then the order will be placed.

I expect the confirmation to order process to take a couple of days only. If it takes longer, your name will be crossed off the list, so make sure you provide an e-mail at which I can get hold of you fairly quickly. I know this sounds harsh, but I'm trying to take advantage of the excellent exchange rate to make this an outstanding deal.

If there are any questions about the unit ask them in this thread, please.

If there is no or little interest by 1700hrs Thursday 29th January then I reserve the right to close this group buy down.

Regards,

Calum

enigma
28-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Interesting.....but very expensive!!!! What is the problem with just monitoring the one already installed with a simple AFM gauge for less than a fiver?? :stunned:

calum
28-01-2004, 07:33 PM
It's the difference between knowing if you're 'rich' or 'lean' which is what the std narrow band one gives you

OR

being able to monitor exact air/ fuel ratios, log, analyse and tune your car properly and safely.

It's also very cheap. Try pricing up a MOTEC, FJO or other wideband unit. Generally £1k-£3k.

Calum

enigma
28-01-2004, 07:50 PM
But the 'narrowband' one will still give you the indication. OK it may not be pinpoint accurate, but it can certainly tell you when to get out of the gas!

calum
28-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Agreed. But you can't use a NB for tuning. If you need a 12:1 AFR for max power, how can you tell if you've got that with a narrow band?

As it is detonation due to incorrect afr's and ignition timing that kills the majority of engines, I see this as invaluable.

Only really of use if you've got some way of changing what the injectors and timing are doing (programmable engine management, S-AFC) though.

I'm not buying this fo rmy vr-4, it's for my gt4 and as i'm installing an apexi power fc I reckon it'll be the dogs.

Calum

mike
28-01-2004, 08:28 PM
I'd be interested in a group buy - if numbers are good - again not fo the VR4, but the RX7.

Calum, I'm also gonna be using it with an Apexi FC. Are you sure you/we need the full kit, as I was under the impression that the FC could read, store readings from a wide band sensor?

Mike.

calum
28-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Don't know - I've not got my power fc yet - it's ordered but not arrived!

If you're using datalogit then you may be able to use it as a straight input into the datalogit box. I'm not sure - there may be some answers on the innovate forum.

When you say the power fc can accept WB input - it can't auto tune, can it? It's the (latest) D-Jetro version I've got on order.

Although whether it can or can't work integrally with the power fc doesn't really bother me, as long as logs can be compared.

Although, admittedly, it would be EXCELLENT if the data could be fed into the power fc for some use, I'm not too worried. I know the LM1 has an analogue output which you can configure and can be used to provide an output to an AFR gauge, serial capture card, data logging program, etc, so I'd imagine it can output via a datalogit box.

I want the full kit so I can use it on other cars with different ems's.

When you say 'don't need the full kit' are you talking about dumping the meter, 'cos if so then all that's left is a sensor. Don't think teh power fc has calibration facilities, etc.

I've posted this on the GT4 owners club too so may see if we get the numbers. Although I am not hanging about due to exchange rate. f there's no demand I'll give you a shout about shipping - maybe we can share a package back to the Uk to cut costs?

Calum

chunky
28-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Calum

If you can get a better rate for more units, PM Trev-R on the MLR, you might get a good bit of action on there too. He co-ordinates all the group buys for us.

calum
28-01-2004, 11:29 PM
PM Trev-R on the MLR

Have done - thanks.

Calum

calum
29-01-2004, 06:15 PM
As per change to title.

Group Buy closed due to little or no interest.

regards,

Calum