PDA

View Full Version : 960 miles in a VR-4

miller
27-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Just back from a weeks Holidays in Ireland, 960miles in total, door to door plus touring!
Nottingham-Holyhead-Dublin-Navan-Kilkenny-Tipperary-Navan-Dublin-Holyhead-Nottingham.

The VR-4 was an absolute dream on Irish roads, so easy to overtake oh and boy did i upset quite a few folk:afro: mostly 07 range rovers sports who think they are king ha ha ha ha
Gonna calculate the fuel consumption later (NERD) but am not expecting anything great as all thats available is 95ron, gladly filled up tonight with some super super yellow shell expensive stuff to keep her happy.

Though i now seem to be eating light bulbs, is it the damp in Ireland:speechles
Nearside fog light out, nearside rear lamp out and also a number plate bulb too!

Car is now unrecognisable though, Ireland seems to be building motorways everywhere and must have got a recent BOGOF deal on roundabouts from the E.U.

The back of the VR-4 everything is unreadable including the plate, its all one colour throughout......need a wash badly. Will try and take a pic tomorrow, i dont think ive ever driven as dirty a car/Grrr

Plus my legs need a lot of walking to rid the numbness :inquisiti

So just a post really to say yeaaaaahh Mitsubishi

Mike

Spirit
27-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Glad all went well with the trip......best get it cleaned before Kieran reads this /pan

960 miles.....pah......try 1500+ on a long weekend to the Nurburgring and back :evilgrin:

TAR
27-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Well I guess that means you didn't buy a lemon.

If you have been running 95RON, it may be worth resetting the ECU to bring the power back up. The only downside is dodgy gearchanges until the ecu has learned your driving style again./rally

miller
27-11-2007, 11:07 PM
How long do i need to disconnect the battery for to reset ECU and gearbox tcu?

Mike

TAR
27-11-2007, 11:15 PM
not long.

a minute or two should be enough.

CJay
30-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Tar, the VR4 is a pretty rare sight on Irish roads, I'm hoping to help the cause at some point in the near future ;)

CJ