PDA

View Full Version : Close call

rayray24
28-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Well i was going for a road trip yesterday. I spent all day driving so was i little bored so i thought that a quick squirt with the boost up a would pep me up.

I was happy cruising doing 110-120km/h when i spot a blue HSV in the rear mirror, he was gaining fast so i thought i could keep him at bay and show him what a japper can do.

We were going thought a small town (50km limit) when a red HSV turns up about 6 cars back, so of course i was thinkiing of doing the same thing to him

Stopped at some lights, i fanged off getting up to about 110km/h in a 70, thats when my heart stopped..........blue and red lights!! The red one was an undercover cop.... F**K NOOOO..

Cop hopped out come over and asked the normal, "any reason for your speed?"
"umm no, i just got to 70 and keep going sorry"

So i was thinking no more car for me over the hoildays, but to my surprise all he did was lean into the car and said to the mrs "just a warning this time for him but you have to hit him every time he speeds"!!! Thank god for that.

Moral of the story is: Take a female with a low cut top in the car with you at all times, it helps!!

ANTHONY
28-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Moral of the story is: Take a female with a low cut top in the car with you at all times, it helps!! and not the one in your avatar

rayray24
29-11-2007, 12:27 AM
and not the one in your avatar

Umm no she be blond and a tad smaller than that!!! :inquisiti

Wodjno
29-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Moral of the story is: Take a female with a low cut top in the car with you at all times, it helps!!

/ttiwwop

ANTHONY
29-11-2007, 01:13 AM
double /ttiwwop /ttiwwop

bradc
29-11-2007, 01:28 AM
what they said ^

d i c k i e s
29-11-2007, 01:38 AM
whoa! very luck i say bro.

misus got pulled up yesterday in her cynos out the hutt. doing just under 110km on the motorway. undercover women cop pulls her up, asked same question any reason for your speed? she said "i need to pee im pregnant". lol.. it worked, cop told her stop at the next petrol station. she didnt, she did it at home. cos that was the nearest stop (so it helps being pregnant aswell)

pitslayer
29-11-2007, 03:55 AM
also looking like a female helps.
pulled into a car park earlier, and there was some coppers in there. now think about it, young person, in a jaguar, raises alarm bells a bit.
however as i had pulled over to get myphone out my pocket and then put it on charge, i was looking down at the center console, so all they would of seen is my head, and the pony tail, assume im female and then just drove of after taking a quick look, luckily they didnt notice me or the dress i was wearing

rayray24
30-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Well my luck ran out yesterday. I didn't learn for the other day and got pulled up by a motorcycle cop!! 122km/h in a 100km/h. Not so lucky with the warings this time, i'm now $170 in debt with the police force.

AND i didn't have the wife in the car this time, so the just proves my morol of the story.

Ryan
30-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Well my luck ran out yesterday. I didn't learn for the other day and got pulled up by a motorcycle cop!! 122km/h in a 100km/h. Not so lucky with the warings this time, i'm now $170 in debt with the police force.

AND i didn't have the wife in the car this time, so the just proves my morol of the story.

Hard luck, seems a few of us on this site are contributing towards LTNZ's Xmas do this year. I'm still seething about the 50 demerits I received a few weeks ago. I think it's unfair that it takes 2 years for them to drop off.

rayray24
30-11-2007, 09:18 PM
i was lucky only 35 demerits. i like the two year rule, it makes you not speed when you know you have f**k all left. Well only if you like to drive that is.

Ryan
30-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I think 1 year would have been enough. Is there anything you can do to make them go away faster?

Maybe wash some patrol cars or the booze bus? :inquisiti

Subaru ETA
02-12-2007, 06:48 AM
on kind of a related topic, when i got my ticket on the wellsford run the cop said i was a dangerous driver......at least i didnt do a "U" turn on a highway and take out 2 motorbikes like the cop did on the news tonight.

the thing that gets me, they dont know if they will charge him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it was you or me they would throw the book at us!

Little Miss Road Rage
02-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Bad luck there. Is demerits like our points system in the UK?

GroundControl
02-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I imagine so... get 100 or more in a 2 year period and you lose your licence for while...

Little Miss Road Rage
02-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks and it does sound like our points system. We only have to get 12 points and u lose your licence. The points that are given out for most offences are fixed its normally 3 for speeding. They disappear off your licence 3 years after they were issued. But insurance companies ask if you've had any offences up to 5 years ago

d i c k i e s
03-12-2007, 01:10 AM
i wonder how the speed camera van works then? i think i was doin 110km before i saw the damn van in the bush yesterday when i was on my way home after our wellington workshop day.

but im sure ive done more before when ive seen a van. havent recieved any tickets yet. i need a damn radar. i cant help it if my car likes to drive at 120-140kmh.