PDA

View Full Version : Never again

Ryan
29-11-2007, 12:11 PM
will I have to work nights!

Tonight is my last night at this company, finish at 0630 and then no more sitting here like a gimp for 12 hours a night!

Start at my new place on Monday during the DAY Woooohooo! I can be like a normal person, getting up when the sun is coming up - seething in traffic jams, pints on Friday nights instead of work... this has been a long day coming.

Little Miss Road Rage
29-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Whohoo. I can't imagine working nights it must be awful

ANTHONY
29-11-2007, 09:14 PM
what did you do and whats the new project

bernmc
29-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Barsteward! I have to work the day, then potentially the whole bloody night too :|.

Up until 3am wednesday, then phoned on the hour every hour until I had to get up and go back. I'm too old for this. Think I should go on the dole - they seem to be able to afford SKy TV, which I can't...

:|:|:|

SGHOM
29-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Think I should go on the dole - they seem to be able to afford SKy TV, which I can't...

& live on £59.15 per week ?? like I have been doing on & off for the past few months. /Grrr /Grrr

psbarham
29-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Barsteward! I have to work the day, then potentially the whole bloody night too :|.

Up until 3am wednesday, then phoned on the hour every hour until I had to get up and go back.

sounds like my day when i'm on standby, in and out of bed at stupid o'clock and all because some old biddy has **** going all over her lawn because a pump station has died, some people are just picky.

Kenneth
29-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Think I should go on the dole - they seem to be able to afford SKy TV, which I can't...

And of course cruise around in their GTRs... :P /pan

Ryan
30-11-2007, 04:07 AM
what did you do and whats the new project

I worked for a large forestry company and basically waited for their production critical systems to fall over. Mills and pulp plants etc are all 24 hour operations and they make heavy use of SAP and Unix systems for cutting, palletizing and despatching their products + all the associated purchase and requisition
orders.

Now it's onto a company that deals with POS terminals and ATM's - regular Monday - Friday job with callout and oncall element.

Got home this morning and passed out at about 0800... I wanted to stay awake the whole day and then just be so knackered later on that I would sleep during the night. Woke up at 1330 and decided I had better get up.

Have 3 big cans of Carlsberg waiting for me in the fridge... my car needs a wash and vacuum too.. I've just found something to do! :beerchug:

bernmc
30-11-2007, 09:07 AM
& live on £59.15 per week ?? like I have been doing on & off for the past few months.

Have you got Sky :inquisiti ?

orionn2o
30-11-2007, 01:45 PM
But in the summer, dont you like having to day to chill out?