PDA

View Full Version : Request: Sounds of dump valves!

Kieran
29-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Something on the horizon is going to force me to return to the Vroom-tish land of a vent to atmosphere dump valve. The problem for me is finding a valve that I like the sound of!

So.... can any of you post up clips of your BOVs as fitted to your cars at all? I've heard various valves on youtube, but obviously, they're different cars with different airflow characteristics.

Obviously I have already heard the HKS SSQV as I used to own one.

If anyone has a clip of the Greddy Type-S on a VR-4, I'd be interested in hearing it. Or anything else.:scholar:

Thankyou in advance!

Wouter
29-11-2007, 04:26 PM
PHHHHHSSSSSTTTTTTTTT!!!!

There you mate!

The Vee
29-11-2007, 04:41 PM
PHHHHHSSSSSTTTTTTTTT!!!!

There you mate!

Nah.

pft /pan /pan

Don't forget who's driving it
Maybe in reverse though.......................

Kieran
29-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh, FFS!/Grrr /pan

Turbo_Steve
29-11-2007, 07:42 PM
From experience, though, you can have the same dumpvalve on two identical cars and the damn thing will sound different! Same as exhausts, really.
HKS SQV's are definitely a "look at me" dump valve, though, especially with the purple fins in....

If you're after quiet: go for a recirculating valve and leave the second pipe off.
Generally gives you a nice clean pssst with no nonsense chattering, whistling or loudness.

Out of interest, why VTA over Recirc?

Kieran
29-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Out of interest, why VTA over Recirc?

I have parts still to be fitted that replace where the re-circ valve vents to, so I won't be able to use one going forward. If I could I probably would.

Turbo_Steve
29-11-2007, 11:56 PM
-nods-
Shiny intake ahoy? :D
Mine came with one on that I love the sound of, but I don't know what it is.
Wife says it sounds like me going "pft" in annoyance when she lifts off.
I'll see what it is this weekend and get a recording if I can.