PDA

View Full Version : could this be Brad

ANTHONY
30-11-2007, 11:38 PM
[/URL] New Zealand VR-4 and BMW owner accused of controlling botnet of 1.3 million computers

An 24-year-old New Zealand youth with a VR-4 and a BMW is under suspicion of infecting over 1.3 million computers worldwide with a worm in order to create a botnet which he then used to carry out DDoS attacks, among other things, without the knowledge of unsuspecting PC users. According to Australian and New Zealand media sources, the botnet had allegedly been used for an attack on IRC servers and systems of various security firms, whereby a University of Philadelphia server was inadvertently taken out.
Operating under the codename "AKILL", the New Zealand youth accused of deploying the [URL="http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_AKBOT.U"]AKBot (http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/) worm was arrested in collaboration with the FBI and is under interrogation, according to New Zealand police. "He is extremely clever", said Maarten Kleintjes, head of the department for computer criminality, "he is one of the best in the world at developing this type of software", the dpa reports.
The 24-year-old is accused of heading a global gang known as the "A-Team" which operated primarily in New Zealand, Holland and the USA. The damage caused is estimated to amount to some EUR 13.5 million. The youth's computer was seized during the police raid and is now being examined.
Parallel to events in New Zealand, the FBI reports (http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel07/botroast112907.htm) that eight suspects have been charged and have either pleaded guilty or have been convicted for botnet activities within the framework of operation "Bot Roast" which has been active since June. In addition, 13 arrest warrants have been issued

bradc
30-11-2007, 11:46 PM
url?

bernmc
01-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I think the "He is extremely clever" quote effectively rules him out :D

ANTHONY
01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Fences, brands and ear tags do not seem to deter some modern-day cattle rustlers. In fact, in the last six months the state has seen close to a 40-percent increase in missing cattle over the same period of time from 2006. The widespread problem of cattle rustling has been reported from as far as Modoc County in the north, to San Bernardino County in the south, and many counties in between.
"This has been devastating for us. We've lost small cattle and large cattle," said San Luis Obispo County rancher John Lacey, a cattle theft victim. "It has been one of those frustrating things and we need to get on it. I wouldn't leave any stone unturned." authorities wish to question a single sheep rustler by the name of BERNMC

bernmc
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Pfft! Couldn't have been me - I just shag 'em! Wouldn't want to take the buggers home with me as well /lol

ANTHONY
01-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Question.. have always used Marks & Spencer formaldehyde-free polish, but am having difficulty tracking it down. Are there any alternatives on the market? Mr Kieran Scott Notts

Answer... If you’re allergic to it, formaldehyde can be responsible for eye, upper respiratory (including astfreyu)

Kieran
01-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Tony, have you been at the cooking sherry again?!:inquisiti

bradc
01-12-2007, 06:47 PM
can it be responsible for the worst hair colour known to man?

Kieran
01-12-2007, 07:46 PM
can it be responsible for the worst hair colour known to man?

Brad.... No one can help you. Your Redhead jealousy is legend./pan

ANTHONY
01-12-2007, 07:52 PM
just thought I'd edit a few news headlines

detonate
03-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Our papers say the dude was 18.

Little Miss Road Rage
03-12-2007, 10:13 AM
My god he could have been rich if he'd have put his talents to good use.

ANTHONY
03-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Our papers say the dude was 18.i edited it