PDA

View Full Version : number plates

SGHOM
29-01-2004, 10:44 PM
anyone fancy a euro style plate, but with the VR4, silver logo instead of the euro symbol on the left hand side. and " club VR4 " impression shadowed onto the plate behind the lettering ??? I might try & get one made ready for feb 15th ??

Nick Mann
29-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Interested in a front plate - square style, though.

Spirit
30-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Arn't they illegal for road use now Derek ? Thought you could only use them for show, or is this one of those "who gives a damn" situ's :-D

haydar
30-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Arn't they illegal for road use now Derek ? Thought you could only use them for show, or is this one of those "who gives a damn" situ's :-D

Square number plates are not illegal if your car is an import and that's how the original plates were. The plates themselves need to comply with all the usual regulations but if you notice, lots of 4X4 have square number plates that are not even imports.

simpsonm
30-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Where can you get the square plates from?

haydar
30-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Where can you get the square plates from?

You can usually get them from motorbike shops.

enigma
30-01-2004, 02:43 PM
You have to remember though motorbikes dont have front plates so if its a front you are after they may not be able to help :( It is getting increasingly difficult with the new regulations to get plates made. Used to be a lot of companies that did graphics would do them, but that avenue seems to be drying up :(

Spirit
30-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Square number plates are not illegal if your car is an import and that's how the original plates were. The plates themselves need to comply with all the usual regulations but if you notice, lots of 4X4 have square number plates that are not even imports.

Should have been clearer, sorry, I was not talking about the plates being square (as I have one). I was referring to having a logo on the side instead of a Euro/GB logo - isn't that illegal now ?