PDA

View Full Version : Original Mitsubishi Galant Mats

MGV6
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
They have been discontinued for some time as I was told by Mitsubishi Motors some time ago as the car is no longer in production but I have been informed by someone that these are now available again.

They come in as follows (from Mitsubishi Motors)......

Mitsubishi Galant Carpet mats (with Mitsubishi Motors logo and the words "Galant" written on it) - Full set (2 front and 2 rear) = £36.18 (Inc. VAT)

Mitsubishi Part Number: MZ312339 (This is for the full set)

These will fit the Galant only (facelifted versions).

Mitsubishi Galant Rubber mats (with Mitsubishi Mitsubishi logo engraved on it) - Full set (2 front and 2 rear) = £44.63 (Inc. VAT)

Mitsubishi Part Numbers: MZ312032(F), MZ311336 (R)

These are semi tailored and will also fit other Mitsubishi cars.

I brought the carpet set ones and they are brilliant. Perfect fit! Better then Halfraud ones :)

Kieran
04-12-2007, 01:53 PM
The carpeted mats will fit the Pre-Facelift Non-VR4s too -the floorpan remained the same through production.:scholar:

HMG1K
01-03-2008, 10:55 AM
They have been discontinued for some time as I was told by Mitsubishi Motors some time ago as the car is no longer in production but I have been informed by someone that these are now available again.

Mitsubishi Galant Carpet mats (with Mitsubishi Motors logo and the words "Galant" written on it) - Full set (2 front and 2 rear) = £36.18 (Inc. VAT)

Mitsubishi Galant Rubber mats (with Mitsubishi Mitsubishi logo engraved on it) - Full set (2 front and 2 rear) = £44.63 (Inc. VAT)

I brought the carpet set ones and they are brilliant. Perfect fit! Better then Halfraud ones :)

Hey MGV6 - these mats you bought, semi-tailored, are they thin ones, rough-feel carpeted surface too them (thinner than a floor tile!) - or the thicker carpet ones with ribbed piping / edging to them...?

Mitsubishi call the thinner ones 'comfort' - while the thicker ones are known as 'elegance'...

Otherwise I'm looking at www.CarMats4U.com who say they are OEM makers and custom make your order, plus offer a good price at £40.
Whant to

ANTHONY
01-03-2008, 11:09 AM
The carpeted mats will fit the Pre-Facelift Non-VR4s too -the floorpan remained the same through production.:scholar:i made the mistake of buying some VR-4 mats and then found there was a gap in the drivers side where the VR-4 has a bigger tunnel. so instead of reselling the mats I went out brought a VR-4 /rally

n13l pm
02-03-2008, 02:19 AM

Thats good stuff. Both my fronts are really worth, wasnt really keen on any aftermarket sets.. il call up mits on monday. What colour does the above carpet part number relate to? (black I hope)

What main dealer did you use? I know my normal mits dealer is a rip, but il find out their pricing come monday.

HMG1K, the carpet mats on mine are the originals which has the Mits logo and Galant written on it and they are the thicker carpet ones with ribbed piping / edging, so I believe these will be the same, not thinner than a floor tile! What mats did you get one yours then? (Btw mate, MGV6 mentioned semi-tailored to the rubber mats not carpet.)

Cheers for posting this MGV6.

andy p
02-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Bought some of these mats a few weeks ago for £30 odd quite thick material with galant logo.

HMG1K
02-03-2008, 03:09 AM
HMG1K, the carpet mats on mine are the originals which has the Mits logo and Galant written on it and they are the thicker carpet ones with ribbed piping / edging, so I believe these will be the same, not thinner than a floor tile! What mats did you get one yours then? (Btw mate, MGV6 mentioned semi-tailored to the rubber mats not carpet.)

Thanks mate... I may take a punt on these... Mine are thin as a carpet tile (!) with flimsy ribbing and have a very good tendency to curl up at the ends - well the driver's one does as it has had the most use - the rest are as new... It has a rubber heel pad on the driver's mat with the Mitsubishi logo on...

I just wanted the standard fit ones - I thought perhaps the 'classic' is what I had and the 'elegance' set were the standard mats which more more carpet / velour with ribbing. Andyp, guess this is what you got...?

n13l pm
02-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks mate... I may take a punt on these... Mine are thin as a carpet tile (!) with flimsy ribbing and have a very good tendency to curl up at the ends - well the driver's one does as it has had the most use - the rest are as new... It has a rubber heel pad on the driver's mat with the Mitsubishi logo on...

I just wanted the standard fit ones - I thought perhaps the 'classic' is what I had and the 'elegance' set were the standard mats which more more carpet / velour with ribbing. Andyp, guess this is what you got...?

Yeah we have different mats, mine doesn't have a rubber heel pad on the driver's mat!, maybe MGV6 can confirm if these ones do?

MGV6
02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey MGV6 - these mats you bought, semi-tailored, are they thin ones, rough-feel carpeted surface too them (thinner than a floor tile!) - or the thicker carpet ones with ribbed piping / edging to them...?

Mitsubishi call the thinner ones 'comfort' - while the thicker ones are known as 'elegance'...

Otherwise I'm looking at www.CarMats4U.com who say they are OEM makers and custom make your order, plus offer a good price at £40.
Whant to

I brought the carpet ones. The ones I got are thicker carpet ones with ribbed piping/edging. I saw both the rubber ones and carpet ones before purchasing and before even seeing them I did want the rubber ones as they are easier to clean but they are semi-tailored only. They just didn't seem right to me. I preferred originals with 100% fit so went with the carpet set.

Beastlee
02-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I just want some rears, preferrably in the horrible blue that everyone seems to hate.

MGV6
02-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Thats good stuff. Both my fronts are really worth, wasnt really keen on any aftermarket sets.. il call up mits on monday. What colour does the above carpet part number relate to? (black I hope)

What main dealer did you use? I know my normal mits dealer is a rip, but il find out their pricing come monday.

Cheers for posting this MGV6.

The carpet ones are grey. Not sure if they are available in other colours but the ones Mitsubishi showed me and the ones I got are grey.

The rubber carpet sets only come as semi-tailored. Mitsubishi told me they always were semi-tailored and only the carpet ones were tailor made to the Galant.

The Mitsubishi dealer I used is North City Autos (based in Chingford/North London). http://www.chingford.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/contact.asp?d=000669

HMG1K
02-03-2008, 05:34 PM

Bingo! I think you have saved me the hassle of dreaming of the mats and being able to actually have the ones I want! Sounds like your last post is what I am after...

Sounds like if I order the above part number I'm in business... Got a photo by any chance please of the driver's matt please? Want to see if they will match my dark charcoal grey leather interior...

The ones I have at the moment are in the below image (image nicked from an interior shot of a Galant on AutoTrader - but has the same style mats what I want to replace with better ones!) As you can see they look flimsy and curl up!

Johnny_Cashed
02-03-2008, 06:31 PM
I have these mats from tescos in my car - they look quite good being black like the rest of the interior, feel quite hard wearing, and are only £15 for the set. My brother bought a cheaper set which appeared the same from Wilkos, but the rubber ribbing split.

Beastlee
02-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Johnny, I had the next model up from those in my old car. I turned the rears into kneeling pads for working on the car in the end as each o fmy new cars had mats already, I left them in the UK so yet another thing I need from my garage!

How do they fit on the driver's side? It's a very odd shape on our cars.

HMG1K
16-03-2008, 01:35 PM
YEY! Managed to find a brand new set of Galant 'Elegance' varity mats on eBay this morning and won them!

I'm so please - as you know these have been discontinued for a while now and it's only the 'Classic' thinner style that are still available from dealers.

kamal
16-03-2008, 03:26 PM
YEY! Managed to find a brand new set of Galant 'Elegance' varity mats on eBay this morning and won them!

I'm so please - as you know these have been discontinued for a while now and it's only the 'Classic' thinner style that are still available from dealers.

Was watching them but didn't bid due to lack of paypal and my classic mats are in very good shape apart from the drivers one that is.

n13l pm
16-03-2008, 03:33 PM

I saw that set on ebay, which finished today, I had it on watch. That was discontinued for some time, but have now become available again, its the same carpet set which MGV6 has pointed out from main dealer for £36 inc VAT. These are the ones which should have come as standard on your car, which I believe wasn't the case.

I got my new set on order at my dealer.

HMG1K
16-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Was watching them but didn't bid due to lack of paypal and my classic mats are in very good shape apart from the drivers one that is.

Yep... lack of PayPal - but gonna take a drive up to Buckingham where the guy lives, as he accecpts collection.

HMG1K
16-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I saw that set on ebay, which finished today, I had it on watch. That was discontinued for some time, but have now become available again, its the same carpet set which MGV6 has pointed out from main dealer for £36 inc VAT. These are the ones which should have come as standard on your car, which I believe wasn't the case.

I got my new set on order at my dealer.

That's really good to know - that they're available again... :happy:

Managed to get these for £37 and will collect, save on the £13 P&P... I don't get out and about in my car enough so looking forward to an hour's spin in it!

ritch_w
17-03-2008, 10:27 AM
" Mitsubishi Galant Carpet mats (with Mitsubishi Motors logo and the words "Galant" written on it) - Full set (2 front and 2 rear) = £36.18 (Inc. VAT)"

If these are the thick carpeted ones, I'm sure I have an old options accessories list from 2002 pricing these at £80!!!

HMG1K
17-03-2008, 11:13 AM
If these are the thick carpeted ones, I'm sure I have an old options accessories list from 2002 pricing these at £80!!!

They certainly are!!! Just the ones I was after - the tick carpeted ones, and they have the Galant logo on!

Beastlee
17-03-2008, 12:45 PM
So anyone getting new carpets wants to sell me a 2 + 3 set that come in the Legnums please let me know.

MGV6
17-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Those mats are exactly the same ones I have. Not sure why seller put Galant Elegance mats, those mats will fit any 1997-2003 Galant I think.

HMG1K
17-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Those mats are exactly the same ones I have. Not sure why seller put Galant Elegance mats, those mats will fit any 1997-2003 Galant I think.

The 'Elegance' tag is what Mitsubishi called them - I've got a Galant accessories book around 2001...

They were the 'luxury' set - while the thinner, cheaper, ones were known as 'Classic'.