PDA

View Full Version : Green red or standard!?

moochalargo
04-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I need to fit some new pads to my LEGNUMVR4/rally and hve been contemplating greenstuff or red stuff! are they any good and is it worth the up grade from standard!! The brake dust is making my 19"s a mess so id like some low dust pads but still want good performance!! can anybody help?????

psbarham
04-12-2007, 07:40 PM
well first off welcome to the club
secondly if you want performance stay away from the ebc range, i'm running carbotech xp8 pads on mine and well i'm sure my retinas will heal over time, also the dust isn't too bad and what they do give off is easily cleaned off.

moochalargo
04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi mate where do u get them? is it £110 for front and rears or just fronts?
and do they work well from cold as my wife is the daily user!

psbarham
04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi mate where do u get them? is it £110 for front and rears or just fronts?
and do they work well from cold as my wife is the daily user!

yeh its about that price, i can't bloomin remeber /pan
from cold i would say they are as good as the oem pads i had on before, and tbh a couple of hardish breaks from 40+ and they improve a lot, get them proper hot and it'll be time to say hello to the windscreen

Kieran
04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I moved from EBC 'Reds' to Carbotech pads.

The EBCs were okay.... certainly more stopping power than OEM, but when cold they lacked bite - to the point where it became irritating. When warmed up they were okay and they never faded, though they didn't have the power that the Carbotechs have.

I would say that EBC 'Greens' would be a little to weak for the VR-4's weight, unless you are a very steady driver.

moochalargo
04-12-2007, 11:14 PM
I moved from EBC 'Reds' to Carbotech pads.

The EBCs were okay.... certainly more stopping power than OEM, but when cold they lacked bite - to the point where it became irritating. When warmed up they were okay and they never faded, though they didn't have the power that the Carbotechs have.

I would say that EBC 'Greens' would be a little to weak for the VR-4's weight, unless you are a very steady driver.

Cheers thats great help!!
still would like to know where to find them and how much for a front set?:dizzy2:
and in your opinion are they worth the extra money compaired to the oem pads oh and do you get less brake dust?

psbarham
04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Cheers thats great help!!
still would like to know where to find them and how much for a front set?:dizzy2:
and in your opinion are they worth the extra money compaired to the oem pads
just PM thetyrant on here , and yes they are most definatly worth it, 60-0 in 120 ft in the wet :o trust me when you first fit them you WILL have to drive forwards 30ft again at every junction , oh and make sure the steering wheel is clean , theres nothing more embaressing than a grubby mark on your face from the steering wheel