PDA

View Full Version : New source for front upper arms

Louis
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
OK. After a bit of a check around, and some chatting with Mike from Camskill, and a bit of part number searching and comparison, Mike from Camskill has been able to supply me with two upper arms (wishbones), with bushes and balljoints. The good bit about these replacement parts is, the balljoints are held in by a large circlip, (they are pressed in, but not with a huge hydraulic press). So the next time the upper ball joint goes, it is only the balljoint that will need replaced.
I will attach some photos below (hopefully). The parts are identical, and a perfect fit, I have had them on for a few days now, all good.
Mike is getting more in, and they will be available on the Camskill website for £79 each, inc vat.
The mitsubishi cost was £177 plus vat. so definitely a better deal

peter thomson
05-12-2007, 11:01 PM
That's great news and will make replacing the joint in future so much cheaper.

matt25649
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
$105 exc gst in Nz. Will put up a pic over weekend when i go to fit it

bernmc
06-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Keep an eye on these. Attempts at alternate lower arms didn't have good results. I'd recommend anyone looking to replace the lower arms uses the mitsustealy genuine items, even though they're expensive.

Hopefully these top arms will prove to be better.

Kieran
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Keep an eye on these. Attempts at alternate lower arms didn't have good results. I'd recommend anyone looking to replace the lower arms uses the mitsustealy genuine items, even though they're expensive.

Hopefully these top arms will prove to be better.

What he said!

Louis
06-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Were the lower arms that failed from camskill!.
I thought the lowers with the dodgey rubber were from a european (german??) supplier.
Time will tell I will keep you all informed, but I have never had a problem with any camskill supplied parts before, they usualu use tried and tested suppliers, like blueprint etc.

bernmc
06-12-2007, 11:22 PM
I had european ones, psbuttyboy had camskill. Both are carp!

White Lightning
07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
I had spotted these the other day and given my ongoing woes with trying to sort out my ball joint dust cover I was almost tempted to give one a go. But, I know the experience others have had on here with non-Mitsi suspension arms and I must admit that was enough to put me off the idea.

Let's hope you have more luck ...

psbarham
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
they usualu use tried and tested suppliers, like blueprint etc.

yeh and when they do fail camskill don't give a fook, their supplier is ****e, put it this way when mine turned up, the right arm was baoxed and numbered as left and vice versa, and when i phoned camskill the response was a "we have your money we don't care now " i will NEVER use them again./Grrr

Louis
07-12-2007, 11:02 AM
yeh and when they do fail camskill don't give a fook, their supplier is ****e, put it this way when mine turned up, the right arm was baoxed and numbered as left and vice versa, and when i phoned camskill the response was a "we have your money we don't care now " i will NEVER use them again./Grrr

I am surprised by this, as as far as I was aware Camskill had not stocked UPPER FRONT ARMS ( WISHBONES WITH BALLJOINTS for the top front suspension) before!, As when I asked for them they said they didn't do them but would look around. Was it the part in the photo above that you got?

I will ask more questions and report back, I haven't had any probs with them before, and got a few bits and pieces from them before!.
(by the way, I have no connection with Camskill, apart from being a customer who asks them to find and cross reference things), cheers Louis

psbarham
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
that was for the lower tca, but i can garentee it'd be from the same manufacturer.

all i can say is , in 2 years i have fitted 2 lots of arms to mine, previosly it only had the original mitsu arms on which have lasted 7 yrs. so do the maths 1/2 the price and only last a 7th of the time, genuine all the way now

Louis
08-12-2007, 02:57 AM
who was the manufacturer, as I will call them to check and see.

psbarham
08-12-2007, 09:42 AM
who was the manufacturer, as I will call them to check and see.

fecked if you can remeber, it was nearly a year ago
something last like the wunhunglo chinese suspension part company :inquisiti

scott.mohekey
05-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Are these wishbones ok? Has anyone had them on their car for any length of time?

Matt, where in NZ did you find these?

Louis
05-10-2008, 09:51 PM
I still have them fitted no problems as yet, I fitted them the day I took the photos, so the have been on for about 11 months, don't know who in NZ sells them, might be worth asking camskill how much to post??.
www.camskill.co.uk
cheers Louis

Davezj
05-10-2008, 10:15 PM
the upper arms they are going on about are from camskill and they are uk based distributer i don't think they manufacture anything.

i have bought a few bits from them and never had any problems with them.

but i did here the horror stories that occured with these lower arms that failed. i think it could have been a lot worse as i believe they failed at low speed. and if they failed at high speed we could have been a few members less, as this is a major suspention part to fail.

personally i would not compromise on this sort of part, but if these replacement upper arms can be compared with original mitsi parts by someone who knows what they are talking about. and they are given the all clear it would be a positive step forward.