PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Upgrade - TCL

mitchy
06-12-2007, 11:56 AM
i've got a super vr-4 with TCL, and i was wondering if i fit a larger NA throttle body, it will remove the traction control, yes? (i want it removed)

or will i encounter problems?

bradc
06-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't think anyone here has actually tried that sorry!

Gly
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
you would need to remove all the corrosponing TCL parts aswell,
ecu/wiring/piping etc,

you may have to swap main ecu from a car that does not have it,
i dont know how intergrated TCL is,

bradc
06-12-2007, 07:34 PM
A facelift ecu from an auto car without traction control goes straight into a prefacelift car with traction control and ASC without putting up any warning lights and everything still works fine.

I don't think you will need to change the ecu because of that, but it may impact the ASC system as well as the TCL

CANDEE
06-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I second what brad said above - my traction control and assume the ASC still work fine with his old ECU(from the purple car :P) :thumbsup:

Turbo_Steve
06-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Does the TC use the ABS sensors, or does it have it's own?

Nick Mann
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
It must use the ABS sensors - they are the only sensors there. So many systems looking at wheel speed, it's amazing that they don't argue! ABS ASC TCL AYC!

mitchy
07-12-2007, 12:44 AM
interesting....
another reason i was looking at the idea was, i want to upgrade to a big single turbo at some stage, and i saw some of the problems someone had with their TCL throttle body being huge, and not fitting anywhere...
whereas the NA one would have a bigger bore for higher flow, and no TCL so it would be smaller.