PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!

Bob.E
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Hows it goin just found this site which is fantastic as ive been thinkin ney lustin after a VR4 for about two years now but never had anywhere to get solid info about them! There isent many here in Ireland an nobody knows much about them, i nearly have the girlfriend convinced so it's just a matter of doin a bit more research which is gonna be a lot easier now. If anyone could tell me who would be the best people to answer a few questions such as reliability service costs etc. that would be fantastic!! Cheers!!:happy:

Paul Beazer
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the club!

Servicing isnt too bad as long as its been done regularly. Its important to know the car has been regularly serviced and looked after in the past.
Fuel economy isnt great, but then for a car of this sort of power its ok (probably looking 25mpg is you drive carefully, if not.... mid teens isnt uncommon).
Reliability is generally good as long as the servicing side has been looked after.
Are you going to be doing any work on the car, or will you leave it for a garage to do. If you're in Ireland im not too sure if most mitsu dealers over there will know a great deal about the car....

Nick Mann
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
The Irish VR4 owner who is on here most is Roberto, I think?

They are not cheap to run - don't even think about having one if money is tight!

Have a search around the site and see if you can find answers - most questions have been asked before and searching will get you more info than you need in most cases. Also check out the buyers guide.

Good luck!

Nick VR4
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi and Welcome to the forum good luck searching

miller
06-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Hello and Welcome!

Beware the higher octane fuel these cars are set to run on isnt widely available in Ireland. No problem as the ECU will retard timing and fuel advance etc but just so you know

Whereabouts in Ireland do you hail from, i had great craic two weeks ago when i drove home, pissing off the Range Rover sports that everyone seems to be driving now, celtic tiger eh!!!!

Mike