PDA

View Full Version : Am i asking too much?

djdime
10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Trying to shift my Legnum asap - i know the ad needs sprucing up a bit but i have no imagination with things like this :)

In your opinions people in the know. Is £3600 asking too much?

The ad is in for sale if you havent already seen it.

thanks

:iloveyou:

Nick Mann
10-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I think you could sell it for that, but not necessarily quickly. If you want to sell it quickly, price reduction is often the only way! Without having seen your car, your estimate of its value can't be far out, and certainly not far enough out to put people off viewing.

AncientOfMu
10-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Im having the same problem.

I dont think the price is too high. I think it is possibly the wrong time of year to sell, and people are reluctant to spend that sort of money on an 11 year old car.

I have noticed that people new to the VR4 scene seem to prefer buying a fresh import with all its potential problems rather than a UK owned car that has had its problems sorted. Ive noticed a few new members on here who have recently bought a Vr and are coming here to help get problems sorted. Convincing people that it is better to buy a club car is difficult when you get no interest in the first place.

My car has had an AWFUL lot of attention (nearly 1000 views now on ebay) however I havn't had a single enquiry. To sell really quickly I think the price would have to be sub 2500. However at that price it isnt worth selling it. The market will have to sort itself out eventually.

Prices are going up in Japan apparantly... but when that will transfer over here goodness only knows.

Another factor is its great that companies like E&I are bringing lots of cars in but it doesnt do anything for the used prices. I dont feel that mine will hit its reserve later today so in the new year I will be really hitting the adverts all over to try and get some interest.

djdime
10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
very true.

shame really - wish i had bought a club car.

ritch_w
10-12-2007, 01:09 PM
the time of year doesn't help, as will rising fuel costs might put off those that are borderline in terms of being able to run a 20mpg car.

Both your cars look great, and I'd have yet another VR4 in a shot if they werent so thirsty!!!

Rambaud
10-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Just before Xmas is not usually a good time to sell expensive items - and I think there is a general lack of confidence - a 0.25% mortgage rate reduction is unlikely to prevent house prices from falling further.

And quite a few people will be coming off low interest rate mortgages in 2008, and some will find it difficult/impossible to re-mortgage on such favourable terms.

Likewise rising petrol prices underline the engine's achilles heel of high fuel consumption.

White Lightning
10-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Everything that has been said really ... you may have a better chance re-advertising after Christmas ...

bradc
10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Prices have been going up in Japan for two reasons.

1 - the aussies are importing LOTS at the moment

2 - there haven't been many coming into NZ in the last year or so because the prices have been quite low over here, however you won't be able to import Legnums any more after 1st January 2008, so NZ dealers are importing lots at the moment.

I'm guessing that once the initial burst of Aussie demand goes away, and when NZ can't import them any more, the Japan price will drop remarkably.

d i c k i e s
10-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah that sucks, i hope to get me another VR4.

TAR
10-12-2007, 10:27 PM
In order to maximise the chance of selling, make sure you have the following in your advert.

1. lots of quality pictures
2. a genuine description of the condition inside and out (make sure any little faults are fixed so there is nothing to put off the buyer)
3. make sure the car is clean when the pics are taken.
4. make your price £5 less, i.e. £3595, it always looks better (and less expensive to the buyer)
5. Tell buyers you are open to sensible offers, it doesn't take 2 minutes to say no, but you might just get a good one.
6. Rave about any service history, its always a good selling point.
7. Be honest about the car - buyers can tell when you are.
8. Be sure to mention the club.

I hope this helps. :happy:

Beastlee
10-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I second the post above, especially pictures. If you check the link in my sig you will see the extent I went to to sell my last one and it worked, people wouldn't have to travel to get a good idea on the car.

I should point out that I test drove this car before the problems were sorted and even then it was fantastic, I think I faulted an anti-roll bar bush and almost nothing else. I actually had the money on me but my personal circumstances meant I didn't take it. If I were allowed to have 2 VR-4s I'd buy this car immediately, I'd also have a manual and auto to compare ;)

I hope it goes to a good home and I wouldn't drop the price too much if you do. Hold out till the New Year.

djdime
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
cheers lee.

HAVE been meaning to do some new pics when i have cleaned it but have you seen the weather!!! lol