PDA

View Full Version : BRIND - Galant estate £2500!

Nick Mann
31-01-2004, 09:25 PM
I can't find the original thread, but it was you looking for a cheap estate car, wasn't it? To use for karting tools etc.

Fields of Bromsgrove (Mitsy Dealer) have a white 2.0 GLS auto for £2500. The cheapest I've seen, BUT, it has 110,000 on it and it is not immaculate! The front bumper has v. slight damage, the worst is a broken headlamp washer. The rear bumper looks well used, and would require at least a good rub-down and respray to look immaculate. The rest of the body needs a good wash and wax. The weather was poor, and the car only arrived yesterday, so it was difficult to tell on the rest, but it looked as though it would clean up well.

It has FSH (although the dealer hasn't got the service book yet)
97 'P'
A/C
2.0 GLS auto
Sunroof
Alloys
White
110,000 miles.

Adam Hartland (01527 579877) Says that the price could be negotiable depending on how much they have to do to the car to get the sale.

Don't know if this interests you, but thought that for the price it had to be worth mentioning!

Brind
31-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Still a bit over the top in terms of price for what it would be used for.. :|

Thanks alot for the mention though!! :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
31-01-2004, 09:50 PM
No probs. Maybe someone else will find it interesting....

I think it would need a lot of spit and polish to become someones pride and joy, though. It is classic 'workhorse' material!

Kieran
01-02-2004, 12:07 AM
They don't need much to return them to former glory Nick. I wish I'd took some photos of mine when I bought it! :uhoh2:

I think most peeps would have looked elsewhere. The Galant's a tough car and wears well. Provided the main dealer service record is there, the 110K shouldn't be much of a problem.

This is a typical example of a car that the British public seems so afraid of - even with a full dealer history, as soon as 100K miles is mentioned, people scream and run away! It's so silly! :huh: :headsc:

Nick Mann
01-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Mileage no longer scares me unless I consider the car to be underpowered. My parents have had two very high mileage cars, and never had a problem with the mechanical side of things. (Touch wood!) The first was a montego 2.0i estate, that when replaced had 170,000 on it. The only expensive job was the cat change. Now a 406 2.0i estate. 140,000 so far and no probs yet..... :-D