PDA

View Full Version : Front fogs, normally yellow?

bigsed
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Just a quick one on the front fogs if I may. It looks like they are 'normal' fog lights given the logo on the dash, which makes me think they will dazzle when on in normal conditions. However mine are very yellow - it looks like they have been recoloured.

Now I personally cant stand it when folk drive round with fogs on for no reason, but it seems they may have been coloured for just this purpose. Has anyone else got yellow fogs at all??

Davezj
12-12-2007, 11:46 PM
yep mine has yellow fogs and it is an import.
96 legnum vr4

miller
12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
whats the law on driving with fogs on if they are yellow?

Mike

Johnny_Cashed
13-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I'd assume the same as normal fogs? IE you're an inconsiderate driver?

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99xx4.htm

Nick VR4
13-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I have had yellow fogs on other cars and found them better in heavy fog
But I also think it depends on the height the fogs are my old Viva had then just under the bumper and was good

Ford Sierra was lower and not as good

VR4 has white with all 4 on and seemed ok in heavy fog here a while ago

Police are pulling cars with fog lights on when not foggy

g8legnum
13-12-2007, 09:46 AM
whats the law on driving with fogs on if they are yellow?

MikeThe law states that any light which has a beam centre of below two feet two inches can only be used in poor visibility (as in fog or falling snow). I don't know about everyone else, but at the moment with wet roads I find it very difficult with coping with the glare from those inconsiderate wotsits who drive in the dark with headlights and foglights ablaze. /Grrr /Grrr
The bulb colour used to be only white for forward facing lamps, but this rule appears to have been quietly dropped. hence the plethora of blue, yellow, red and white lamps that abound on the front of cars these days.