PDA

View Full Version : Turning Lamps

g8legnum
13-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I understand that on the VR4, the outer pair of lamps on the foglamp housing are supposed to illuminate when the lights are on and indicators in use. When replacing a blown headlight bulb last night I checked mine, and found that the outers weren't illuminating. Is it normal for these to be disconnected, and how can I check what has been done to stop them working?

Nick Mann
13-12-2007, 10:05 AM
There is a fuse in the engine bay fuse box that can isolate them. Also, I have seen cars with the bulbs removed - whether an MOT station or the owner didn't like them, I have no idea, but I have never had any bother with mine come testing time.

Nick VR4
13-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Engine bay fuse box Number 4

I had mine rewired to light all 4 up didnt like the idea of one coming on when you indicate

g8legnum
13-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check it out at the weekend, when there is some daylight while I am at home!

ritch_w
13-12-2007, 11:33 PM
on both the VR4s i had the bulbs were missing - insert bulb and hey presto!

g8legnum
01-01-2008, 07:04 PM
on both the VR4s i had the bulbs were missing - insert bulb and hey presto!At long last, got around to sorting these today and yes my bulbs were missing. 'Cept that the nerd who took them out, fitted the cable round the back of both fixing brackets, so you couldn't take the unit out without removing the bulb holder first and there was no room to get at them because of cable length /Grrr /Grrr Also found that I am missing the left hand wheel arch liner - anyone got a spare one - pretty please :inquisiti

Kieran
01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Also found that I am missing the left hand wheel arch liner - anyone got a spare one - pretty please :inquisiti

I think you've more chance of finding Lord Lucan! They're a popular item so it might be worth calling Mo. If he can't help, I think they're about £80 from a Mitsu dealership.

Johnny_Cashed
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Didn't someone mention camskill having some for half that price?