PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Raym
14-12-2007, 09:41 AM
G'day from Melbourne Australia!

My name is Ray and currently i have NOT got a Galant/Legnum, however, i've registered so i can do some homework on the car before i come to a decision.

Right now, my choices are:

Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Subaru Forester XT

All i know is, whatever i buy, the car will be manual.

Now to my first question, i cant seem to access the articles on that article page.... do i need to reach a certain post count to access those?

Cheers, Ray.

peter thomson
14-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi /Welcome2 to the club. You have to be a paid up member to access the articles but there is still loads of info available using search and the buyers guide

Kieran
14-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Welcome!

As Peter says, articles are Members only, however the information is still available in the 'normal' forums, you just have to spend a bit of time digging it out, and there might not be pictures, etc. The member's area doesn't withhold info, it's there to make it easy to get to.:scholar:

Good luck with your search, manuals aren't as common and there's been several reports that auction prices in Japan are on the up, so don't hang about - But make sure you do take the time to purchase a good one.:afro:

bradc
14-12-2007, 09:53 AM
The Forester is about the same size as a Legnum, but slower, and the chaser is obviously not as practical, and I didn't think you could get them as a manual. Probably faster though if you spend a lot of money on them.

Raym
14-12-2007, 10:30 AM
The Chaser and Forester have pillarless doors - a big plus in my book, the Chaser also has monster torque from down low, much like a Legnum i presume.

The main thing that i have against a Legnum is the transverse V6 layout, the plugs on the rear bank would be a pain to change i imagine. Also the AYC system.. a bit fancy bit of gear with 3 fluids needed(?). While it works great, im not so sure if it decides to pack up one day.

Anyway, cheers for clearing that up guys, i'll start searchin'

Nick Mann
14-12-2007, 10:43 AM
The AYC is awesome, and is USUALLY easily fixable if it does go wrong. I shan't comment on the other cars as I have no experience of them!

Good luck in your searches for info and a car. If you can't work something out, feel free to ask! New questions are always welcomed, but popular questions asked again always get a groan...

Oh, and /Welcome

Nick VR4
14-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the forum good luck

TAR
14-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.

Best advise I can give is......Go out and drive a VR4 if you don't love it immediately, buy something else!

Thing is though, I'm sure you will love it :happy:

Good luck with your search.

ANTHONY
14-12-2007, 08:10 PM
welcome mate good to see more of you from down under on here