PDA

View Full Version : 2001 VR4 on eBay

MGV6
14-12-2007, 05:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mitsubishi-galant-VR4-twin-turbo-ralli-art_W0QQitemZ130183416430QQihZ003QQcategoryZ18230Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says its a manual car so does this mean its a grey import as I believe UK spec ones were tiptronic only?

WildCards
14-12-2007, 05:24 PM
It isn't an official car no, looks like it may be a Type V to me.

HMG1K
14-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Looks lovely... though mind there are no wheel arch extensions (so looks like a late runout Galant Sport / V6-24v on the body...

I am be being picky - by why is the left hand part of the boot in beige carpet and the right in grey, like the fboot floor...?

Has the twin fog / cornering lights though!

MPBVr4
14-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Nice one, Type V manual. 32K only. :happy:

MGV6
14-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Nice one, Type V manual. 32K only. :happy:

Yeah I was gonna say 32k on a face lifted VR4 is very very rare. Nearly all of them have high mileage these days.

Nick VR4
14-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I am be being picky - by why is the left hand part of the boot in beige carpet and the right in grey, like the fboot floor...?

Yeah noticed that dunno why though :speechles:speechles

Beastlee
14-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Looks lovely... though mind there are no wheel arch extensions (so looks like a late runout Galant Sport / V6-24v on the body...

Has the twin fog / cornering lights though!

It's the sunlight and shadow, it's all the same colour really.Must admit I wondered at first.

richy rich
14-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Is it me or are the very clean coolant expansion tank and P/S res empty.

ANTHONY
14-12-2007, 07:22 PM
also one of the battery terminals looks loose

Roberto
14-12-2007, 07:25 PM
The engine bay does look TOO clean.

But them he could be related to K...........
You know who I mean./pan

richy rich
14-12-2007, 07:27 PM
He doesn't know the car.

"The car is very quick I do not know what the power output is on the car"

Kieran
14-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Hmmm - and if you look at the shot of the rear lamp, the boot has a different silver colour to the rear nearside quarter panel, even where the lines are the same....

Methink's it's had a smack up the arse.....:inquisiti

ritch_w
14-12-2007, 10:31 PM
looks like the guy is a dealer from the feedback

its hard to judge the paintwork as there looks to be a lot of shadowing on the car in pics.....

looks nice, but over priced

bradc
15-12-2007, 06:27 AM
it is a facelift manual with leather with low km's in the UK, you can't say it is overpriced really imho, it's probably one of what two or three out there with those specs?

Rambaud
15-12-2007, 10:13 AM
looks nice, but over priced

But the price is not known, as even the Reserve has not been met.

Or are you saying that £6000 is over-priced for this car? If so, I don't think I would agree. If it was an auto - and everything checked out - I think I would pay £6000 for it myself.

ritch_w
15-12-2007, 10:39 AM
just my opinion based on previous vr4s

Nick Mann
15-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Low mileage, 2001 VR4. Just those two facts make it one of the most expensive in the UK. If it ain't worth 6k, then the rest of us have cars that are worth more in bits.

HMG1K
15-12-2007, 03:48 PM
But the price is not known, as even the Reserve has not been met.

Or are you saying that £6000 is over-priced for this car? If so, I don't think I would agree. If it was an auto - and everything checked out - I think I would pay £6000 for it myself.

The price of £6,000 - to me - would be fine if it was spot on £6,000 - but as Rambaud says that's a reserve and it hasn't been met...

Plus another thing to bare in mind if you want the 'visual look' - this car hasn't got the wheel arch extensions so apart from the front twin-fogs, the different alloys and the rear VR4 spoiler, visually this looks like a standard Sport / Elegance / Classic run-out Galant until you get under the engine...

Ultimately it's whatever you fancy - and as we love and cherish our Galants, whatever spec they are, they will always be worth more financially and mentally to us... We'd never sell them just like that so whatever price they are going for is just money written down on paper...

However -remember the VR4 servicing costs and commitment... I'm not knocking it - just something that I kept in mind when looking around. /pan

pitslayer
15-12-2007, 03:55 PM
kieran its the light hitting the car thats why it looks different colour.

as for the wheel arch extensions, they look awfull anyways why would you be worried about ahving them on the car?

tis a nice a car though, worth the money aswell, i wouldnt pay much more for it, though

Kieran
15-12-2007, 06:50 PM
kieran its the light hitting the car thats why it looks different colour.

Mmmmm - I'm not convinced. Put it this way, I'd be pulling back the weatherseals and carpets and taking a closer look for sure!

ritch_w
15-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Mmmmm - I'm not convinced. Put it this way, I'd be pulling back the weatherseals and carpets and taking a closer look for sure!

absolutely! u can never be 100% sure...

g6acb
16-12-2007, 01:41 AM
My thoughts on this one - not that I'm looking :inquisiti

1st impressions are that it is a UK car, but not one of the Ralliart / Extreme cars but one of the 'one offs' that dealers were selling to order upto 2003.

If the car was run by a dealer MD as implied - then I would be asking questions about the servicing - registered in sept 01 and it only has 6 service stamps - that doesn't tie in with the age of the car for every 6 months although its not too far out in terms of mileage - if it was mitsu owned why??

the cambelt should have been changed in terms of time, if not mileage

Agree that the colour looks a little mis-matched but that could be the light / shadows - but one thing that has seen paint IMHO is the wheels - they have the shiny chrome centre cap that came with the polished wheels with the dark highlights

The guy appears to be a 'home trader' - doesn't appear to know much about the car but will service it when bought???? er.... knock the cost of that of the car and I'll sort it myself thanks!!!

one last personal thing.... no mater how much I look at it - the cream leather / wood thing refuses to grow on me

bradc
16-12-2007, 02:05 AM
thats because cream leather (and all the other cream coloured parts in the car) plus wood is the single worst thing that any misguided japanese person every thought of.

ANTHONY
16-12-2007, 11:46 AM
thats because cream leather (and all the other cream coloured parts in the car) plus wood is the single worst thing that any misguided Japanese person every thought of.yep I'd agree with that

Kieran
16-12-2007, 12:41 PM
thats because cream leather (and all the other cream coloured parts in the car) plus wood is the single worst thing that any misguided japanese person every thought of.

Rubbish! it brightens up the interior and stops it looking like Darth Vader's Boudoir!

HMG1K
16-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Rubbish! it brightens up the interior and stops it looking like Darth Vader's Boudoir!

I agree! The cream leather / interior and wood on these cars looks lovely - however with certain colour of car... I think it doesn't work with silver as the colour is too light and so is the interior cream leather... on a darker shade it adds wonderful contrast.

Turbo_Steve
16-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Cream leather looks great, and definitely more expensive. The wood is....ah, well you have to compromise on something, and if you hate it that much, it's really REALLY easy to paint it black!

bradc
16-12-2007, 08:30 PM
black leather + black door cards + black everything else = awesome

HMG1K
16-12-2007, 10:25 PM
To give you an idea on the asking price for this car - it is now up on Pistonheads.com for £7,500...

The car is in Glasgow and the ad reads: "Mitsubishi Galant VR4 twin turbo ralli - art 4 wheel drive. The car has covered only 32,000 miles with FSH and previous mots, 2 owners 1st owner was main agent. Full leather interior never smoked in, full electric pack, AC, CD changer in immaculate condition throughout."

There are also a few extra shots there too of the car.

ritch_w
29-12-2007, 11:46 AM
now in A/T at £7995, http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MITSUBISHI+GALANT/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-4294963613-4294967258/advert.action?R=200752300977734&distance=23&postcode=KA21+6DT&channel=CARS&make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=
have been mulling this one over, but not for more than than £6500 (which probably aint gonna happen) and 20mpg again........

seriously thinking of this though:
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MITSUBISHI+GALANT/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146,N-4294963613-4294967258/advert.action?R=200750300248631&distance=247&postcode=KA21+6DT&channel=CARS&make=MITSUBISHI&model=GALANT&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

bradc
29-12-2007, 12:20 PM
manual + v6 + wagon + low miles, sounds good :)

HMG1K
29-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Apparently SIX owners - if you run the plate through the Auto Trader basic history check on the front page - though most of that may have been dealer / demonstrator related... Aside from that fine looking motor and been there a few weeks so a haggle could be easier...

There's a black manual V6 Elegance on Auto Trader for £6k - turns out it's partial service history and the car isn't due in til January, according to MGV6 who spoke to the Mitsubishi dealer yesterday.

The other VR4 was a private seller, originally, wasn't it - and now a dealer my the name of Argyle Motors..?

ritch_w
29-12-2007, 07:43 PM
six owners is a lot for such a low mileage...... really dont like the sound of that...
unless it has a fully stamped mitsi history, receipts and all old MoTs etc - i'm not so sure on the mileage. Kinda gone off it now...

the VR4 looks like the guy is a home trader, I have heard of Argylle trade centre before, may be has was trying to sell it privately to avoid Vat or something??

Big Ian
29-12-2007, 09:43 PM
ive been in touch with the owner ... well seller .. about 2 wks ago.

this was his reply

Hi, I am in the car trade and sell low mileage low owner cars with full history. I am open to serious offers around £7500. I will have a look at the website sorry no P/X,s, thank you.

- colquhoun0
it's now been on ebay at least 3 time's!
yes i was going to try to do a deal with my E39 but he totaly refuses any PX or trade in's? in my message to him i recomended this site for more info

back on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mitsubishi-galant-VR4-twin-turbo-ralli-art_W0QQitemZ130186360122QQihZ003QQcategoryZ18230Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Big Ian
29-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I have heard of Argylle trade centre before, may be has was trying to sell it privately to avoid Vat or something??

WOW .. just noticed who is selling this VR4, the same person i bought my E39 BMW from .. and going by my car i can only say he is an honest guy? he only stay's 750yds from me, think i'll take the dog a wee walk over tomorrow and have a look up his driveway

Kieran
30-12-2007, 01:52 AM
WOW .. just noticed who is selling this VR4, the same person i bought my E39 BMW from .. and going by my car i can only say he is an honest guy? he only stay's 750yds from me, think i'll take the dog a wee walk over tomorrow and have a look up his driveway

Now that sounds like a plan!!:afro:

Just make sure to check that back end over properly!:scholar:

bradc
30-12-2007, 08:48 AM
tell him to buy his E39 back!

Big Ian
30-12-2007, 11:38 AM
tell him to buy his E39 back!

no harm in asking, the pic's of the VR4 are not at his own home and i know he also act's on behalf of other people selling there car's as it was he who was advertising my old Galant at one point even though it was still being driven about by the owner.

i'll let ya'll know how i get on later .... i may just phone the number on the add and see if i can veiw. :inquisiti also one other thing, are they the proper alloy's fitted to this car?
(can't remember if the face-lift's came with the polish faced wheels?)

any other item's to check

paint work (respray)
body work (damage)
should the log book have Ralliart on it if it's a "UK" car?
owners/history
then usual oil & fluid's "freshness" check

HMG1K
30-12-2007, 01:02 PM
This VR4 for sale isn't one of the 200 official UK imports by Mitsubishi UK - the alloys and the 'soft' VR4 bodykit was found on the Galant VR that was marketed in places like Australia (I've the dealer sales book at home) but not in the UK.

Essentially the 'soft' VR4 body kit is what was found found on the runout Galant Sport, Classic & Elegance models in the UK. The visual differences were no 'sport' style boot fin (but could be bought as an optional extra minus the in-built third brake light), there were no wheel arch colour-coded extensions and the rear number plate in the bood lit is square instead of the long style on UK cars. Official Ralliart cars also had the square number plate.

Optional extras on the VR4s in the UK included sunroof, rear wash-wipe and choice of leather or recaro seats, to name a few.

Big Ian
30-12-2007, 01:50 PM
just noticed some thing else, no tint's on the rear window's? do all VR4's not come with rear tinted windows?

HMG1K
30-12-2007, 02:26 PM
just noticed some thing else, no tint's on the rear window's? do all VR4's not come with rear tinted windows?

Only the estates came with tints to the rear door glass, rear back sides and the tailgate.

Big Ian
30-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi folks, i'm just off the phone to the seller (Gary), very honest guy i may add, it is not who i bought my car from but he is freinds with him (hence the ad on Auto-T). the car is in Hamilton .. 25 ish miles from me, it has full ralliart paper work, (leather folder inc) he'll sell it for £7K (no less) and that buy's the car "as is" MOT: Jan 08, due a service.
it was reg'd with Ralliart and sold to someone in Aberdeen then later it has been reg'd with arnold clark but never used by them, they had the car marked at £9K on there fore court! then the seller bought it through auction.
if anyone has an intrest in this car then call him, he realy does sound like an honest trusting guy, but yip he's a little un-sure as to what the car actualy is

PS, buying and selling is just a side-line for him, :scholar: he does have a job.

ritch_w
30-12-2007, 07:10 PM
wonder how much it went for at auction, certainly not £7k.

Beastlee
30-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Only the estates came with tints to the rear door glass, rear back sides and the tailgate.

Actually I think there was some kind of option on the Legnum tailgate tint. I have seen more with no tint on the tailgate than tose with. Mine has clear glass that has had a very poor quality film applied. It has scratched in places and you can see that it is an aftermarket film. I want to get it redone properly but I reckon it'll need a new glass panel.

bradc
30-12-2007, 07:42 PM
most prefacelift legnums didn't have the tints on the rear, but all facelifts did

Big Ian
30-12-2007, 10:44 PM
wonder how much it went for at auction, certainly not £7k.

he never gave that answer away! :speechles

ritch_w
31-12-2007, 10:15 AM
what about p/x - did he say anything about that on the Argylle Trade Sales ad?

Big Ian
31-12-2007, 11:34 AM
no Ritch he never say's, but i did phone the seller direct ... maybe if you call the garage they could answer?