PDA

View Full Version : Wheeey + Question

Paul Beazer
15-12-2007, 11:49 PM
My car passed its MOT today, phew.
A couple of advisorys, n/s/r wheel bearing has play (bugger! Let it get noisy first!) and pitted rear disks. Not worried about the disks, they are actually slowly improving as the pads slowy work their way through the cr@p on the disks.

Also got him to check with the MUT II for engine error codes, as i'd had the engine warning light come on last weekend (a short while after being forced through a deep puddle /grr), came up with the camshaft and crankshaft position sensor errors.
Now there are no currrent errors, so i suspect the errors are due to water egress somewhere in the wiring / connectors. Can anyone advise where the wiring for the cam and crack sensors runs on the V6-24? That way i can hopefully find where the water got in.

The Vee
16-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Wiring for the crank angle sensor runs across top of front bank and then into cam belt covers near engine mount and sensor is mounted behind cover (behind front pulley) water ingress is possible but only if forced up at this area. As for the cam angle sensor, v6-24 not got one. It has a distributor bolted to the rear cam unlike the DOHC version. The signal is picked up from here instead.

Subaru ETA
16-12-2007, 06:23 AM
ahh yes i had this happen to my str after going through a puddle.. thing was missfireing and blowing flames out the exhaust. i went through all the lpugs and blew them out with a air gun. it was the crank sensor that was full of water. blew it out and she ran mint

Paul Beazer
16-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the wiring info Andy and Subaru, for reassuring im not alone in my woes!