PDA

View Full Version : PRO SHOP iida downpipes - HOLY SHEET!

Dan_G
16-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Ordered the downpipes from RHDjapan about 3 weeks ago and they arrived on Friday... :2thumbsup

I then got charged customs charges... :(

but aside from that the quality of the downpipes is amazing and worth the money imo....

Originally I was'nt going to fit them until I had fitted a 2nd threaded port for the wideband lambda probe... but i just could'nt resist!... so before i knew it the car was jacked up and i was trying to remove the old downpipes!!...

bloody ell!! removing the rear turbo flange nuts was difficult!.. they where so corroded it was virtually imposible... and to be honest i would not have been able to do it without my phneumatic impact wrench... I had to go at it for over 30 minutes per nut with WD40 heating the studs and impact wrench... in the end i unscrewed one of the studs rather than the nut....

the new pipes fitted fine... although i think the main exhaust flange was a little too short as i ended up pulling my fujitsubo fwd.

unfortunaley i had to remove my cusco lower arm due to the fact the new pipes sit about 10-15mm lower than the standard ones...

But the most important bit: Do they make a difference?

Answer: You're damn right they do!...

the spool up time is crazy fast... you have max boost at 2200rpm and the car is fuel cutting like crazy! the boost characteristic is completely changed from standard and my AVCR has already changed the duty cycle... its absolutley brutal!... I think its the combination of 3" system + decat + down pipes ( and maybe the 4 degrees C temperature) that has yeilded this effect... but i would definatley recommend it to anyone.... i am gobsmacked at the difference

just gotta sort this damn fuel cut now!...

heres some photos of the pipes and compared to standard.. (I wrapped the front section to prevent heat soak)

peter thomson
16-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Looking good Dan. If you have a LC1 you won't need a second port for the wideband as it's supposed to have a narrow band output as well. These are next on my list of mods after I've got my coilovers.

ANTHONY
16-12-2007, 09:38 PM
looking good

Kenneth
16-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Your experience is about par to mine :) down pipes are definitely one of the best mods you can do IMO.

When I installed mine I used standard boost control, then slowly upped the boost from there. That way I didn't get fuel cut :)

Mark 4
16-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Ken

Did you get the Pro Shop Lida ?

Kenneth
16-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi Ken

Nope, I managed to get these. A NZ member was parting out his car and had the exhaust on the car. I was very fortunate that he accepted my offer for them.

Dan_G
16-12-2007, 10:18 PM
If you have a LC1 you won't need a second port for the wideband as it's supposed to have a narrow band output as well.

yeah, thats a good idea Peter, was considering doing this, just wanted the option to have both. Wonder how good the narrowband ouput is?

reading the destructions analog out 1 is supposed to be default to narrowband setting.. i'll have a go and see what happens....

Kenneth
16-12-2007, 10:23 PM
yeah, thats a good idea Peter, was considering doing this, just wanted the option to have both. Wonder how good the narrowband ouput is?

reading the destructions serial out 1 is supposed to be default to narrowband setting.. i'll have a go and see what happens....

The narrow band simulation is very good. I used this on my car and had no problems with it. In fact, I would say if anything it performed better than standard.

You can also program the narrow band simulation to have your car run ~15.2:1 closed loop rather than ~14.7. While you may need to put it back to 14.7:1 for MOT, 15.2:1 is supposed to hold higher EGTs at part throttle for better economy and response. Of course as soon as you go WOT, then the O2 sensor is ignored and you go back to standard mapping. Very worth-while mod IMO.

Kieran
16-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes, the Iida pipes are good, aren't they! You certainly feel the grunt off the line!:scholar:

Dan_G
16-12-2007, 11:11 PM
The narrow band simulation is very good. I used this on my car and had no problems with it. In fact, I would say if anything it performed better than standard.

OK Ken, thanks for that info, guess the job for next week is get the LC-1 fitted... /yes :thumbsup:

Throbbe
17-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Looking good Dan. If you have a LC1 you won't need a second port for the wideband as it's supposed to have a narrow band output as well.

My understanding from few previous threads was that because the stock sensor sits at an angle an aftermarket one didn't sit far anough into the exhaust. Anyone with one fitted care to comment? Might save me a few squids. :happy:

Beastlee
17-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I am so glad for this thread, I will definitely be puchasing a set in the new year. Just waiting on the LC-1 outcome so I can get one with the e-manage blue ;)

jpnvr4
18-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Hi Ken

ithink rhdjapan.com can get them 4 U .... THEY HAVE SOME KINDA CONNECTION TO PRO SHOP I THINK

Beastlee
18-12-2007, 08:15 AM
ithink rhdjapan.com can get them 4 U .... THEY HAVE SOME KINDA CONNECTION TO PRO SHOP I THINK

Yep they certainly can, that's who I'll be buying them from for around £300, can anyone say bargain?

Mark 4
19-12-2007, 09:06 PM
RHD will give us 1% off goods and shipping if we buy 4.

Mark 4
19-12-2007, 09:07 PM
OOPS, typo, should read 10%, soz.

Beastlee
19-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd be happy to do that but it will cost me more than 10% to get it from the UK to Germany afterwards.

Mark 4
20-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Yea, could be expensive, deliveries within Europe are way overpriced. I would probably be better for you to go it alone.

I'm definitely ordering after Xmas expense has been dealt with though. I had thought that the downpipe was a supporting mod but now I know it is a power mod and not too expensive I can't resist.

Beastlee
20-12-2007, 03:11 PM
hehe, maybe they'll still give discount despite different delivery locats....I'm ordering my rad pipe today.

Mitsiman
21-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Something to consider is the RPW system which is going to be released at the end of January. Cheaper than the Pro Iida units, with the same or better results. And will be cheaper on frieght as well

jpnvr4
21-12-2007, 06:04 AM
Something to consider is the RPW system which is going to be released at the end of January. Cheaper than the Pro Iida units, with the same or better results. And will be cheaper on frieght as well

Yhe RPW sysrem? ... feel me in on that one cause I'm a bit lost there ... give me more info on em and or a link
thnx

TAR
21-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Yhe RPW sysrem? ... feel me in on that one cause I'm a bit lost there ... give me more info on em and or a link
thnx

take a look at this post http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28560

RHDJapan
25-03-2008, 04:02 AM
Hello, this is Patrick from RHDJapan and have just had a great time reading the great reviews on the Pro Shop Iida Front Pipe from our customers abroad. We usually stock one of the pipes and deliveries are usually received within 2 working days from Pro Shop Iida. The item is still available with us and new shipping costs have made the items a little bit cheaper to ship than before.

Our Pro Shop Iida catalog is still relatively small, if there is anything else from Iida that anyone is interested in we will be more than happy to make it available.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/Pro-Shop-Iida-Stainless-Front-Pipe-EC5W-EC5A-25120

http://www.ps-iida.co.jp/

vr4moose
26-08-2008, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=Dan_G]Ordered the downpipes from RHDjapan about 3 weeks ago and they arrived on Friday... :2thumbsup

Lovely item, and that has helped me lots with fabrication of my pipe. Thanks a lot.
Mike.

vr4moose
26-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Just had word with exhaust uk in Sheffield, they will make same downpipes and fit for £275.