PDA

View Full Version : Strange question TCL or what?

miller
17-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Ok let me explain the situation. Had the tcl flash tonight and 'hold' me back.

On a straight road, downhill say about 16% gradient, from rolling i floored it, 2nd 3rd, 4th and around the 85-90mph the orange light ''with the squiggly lines behind the car image'' flashed and the engine seemed to hold back? I laid off straightaway and that was that.

Is this the TCL governing me? If so why in a straighline? was it anything to do with the down hill versus autobox auto brake or ought silly?

Not sure if mines de-limited but am sure i was nowhere near the standard limiter mark?

Mike the puzzled

TAR
17-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I think your car is delimited, and even if it isn't the likely speed would be less that the governed one.

As for the TCL, I have only had the lights up a few times when cornering. It does hold the power back in association with the AYC and ASC. It can be a bit of a pain if you want to make a quick exit!

Try again on the same road tomorrow with the TCL switched off. You should be able to prove what happened.

Tha alternative is to take off the lead boots! /pan

miller
17-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Tha alternative is to take off the lead boots! /pan

:happy: :happy: i rarely use the lead boots thats the thing. prob why i have no experience of flashy traction things yet!!

hmmmm may try it again later on!

Mike

miller
17-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I think your car is delimited,

did we exceed on the test drive:inquisiti i still havent tested....how sad is that:baby:

Mike

KiwiTT
17-12-2007, 11:36 PM
You may have ASC. Is yours a Tiptronic ?

miller
18-12-2007, 02:16 PM
yes its Tiptronic...Active Stability Control????? whats that then and where is the OFF button hee hee

Mike

bradc
18-12-2007, 06:30 PM
if you have the skiddy car on the dash then you have ASC. There is an off button for TCL, but not ASC. You have to remove a fuse to get rid of ASC.

Turbo_Steve
19-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Is ASC good?
I find that once the TC is off, the car happily does what I want it to (i.e. steer on right foot) so I assumed it was like ESP and only really kicked in when you lost 4 wheel traction with no throttle?

Ryan
19-12-2007, 01:46 AM
The only time I've had skiddy car light come on is when I am flying around the dirt roads en route to my (future) inlaws...

Oh and the transmission issue I had but that's not relevant now.

bradc
19-12-2007, 06:55 AM
I had the tcl light come up all the time around roundabouts - mucho fun :D