PDA

View Full Version : SLKs are rubbish, even on their home turf

Beastlee
17-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Just finished a lovely Chinese meal in town and went to fill up with Ultimate 100 from teh BP up the road from it. As we pulled out of the petrol station some nutter in a VW didn't look right as he pulled off a slip road and hurtled towards my passenger side (where wife and daughter were both sat) so I pressed the loud pedal and got out the way.

Just up the road is a set of lights and there was a Merc SLK 320 sat there waiting for green, I pulled up next to him still discussing with the wife about the nutter behind. The lights went to green and I pulled away at my usual pace (quick but not fast) only to find the Merc driver flooring it. Not wanting to appear shabby I applied more loud in order to catch him at the next light which is exactly what happened ;). It's approx -2 degrees C here at the moment but I advised aforementioned wife and daughter to brace them selves as I prepared for an unscheduled launch. Unfortunately I screwed it up but still got a good start .... I then proceeded to get a 3 car length lead on him over the 300-400m getting up to about 70mph despite the lack of launch control! He was clearly miffed as he tried to perform some daft manouver just before the next set of lights, at which he had to pull in behind me. I left the lights with a smile on my face and left him to the fumes of my BP 100 as he again got upset and disappeared off to the Autobahn.

It was too dark to see his face but I'm sure it wasn't a smile he had on it! Bet he'll think twice before he races another Jap estate car ;) :afro:

Ryan
17-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Yes, SLK's are very gay. Good story though :D

jpnvr4
18-12-2007, 12:50 AM
NO DISREPECT .... but U got a great Wife!!! My misses woulda been livid at the moment she even thought I was gonna floor it , let alone 'launch' .... Good going on the "Loud Pedal" .... lol../woot2 /Steeringw

orionn2o
18-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah I think we should see pics of your wife :P :P :P

Robotnik123
18-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I used to go out with a girl who had an SLK 32 AMG. That wasn't rubbish at all. Really decent car - faster than a stock VR-4 for sure.

Beastlee
18-12-2007, 12:20 PM
I used to go out with a girl who had an SLK 32 AMG. That wasn't rubbish at all. Really decent car - faster than a stock VR-4 for sure.

Mine's not stock though ;) Thank God I didn't get fuel cut!

Ryan
18-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Yep - a 3.2L S/C v6 should do!!! :)