PDA

View Full Version : Racing Performance Works Dump Pipe Kits

Mitsiman
18-12-2007, 02:57 AM
For those interested, RPW has started production of our dump pipe kits for the Mitsubishi Galant.

We expect our first stocks to be available sometime Febuary from manafacturing. These will be manafactured in stainless steel piping, and utilise 2 1/4" pipes off each turbo into a 2 3/4" outlet and flex pipe.

These are being made to bolt up to the factory system, with gaskets supplied although we would recomend a larger exhaust for maximun gains.

RPW has been suppling performance products and manafacturing our own products for many years, some who know FTO owners, would know that we have been supplying products to the UK and other areas for years now.

The main thing, is that because we are mass manafacturing these the price of these units (Minus shipping and import taxes) will be around $350.00 AUD$ per unit which is far cheaper than the japanese products.

We have an agent in the UK area, Eurospec 2000 who will more than likely be marketing these units as well.

For those interested, here is a link to our website on this product

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&Itemid=31&category_id=104&product_id=1495

I don't have an exact photo on hand at this time as our test sample has been sent off to the manafacturer to be made. But the unit does look very similiar to the Pro Ida units in design (Lets face it theres only so many ways you can make someting fit this type of vehicle) although we will be fitting an extra flex pipe join in the front pipe to make fitment easier as well as allow for me movement in the exhaust.

We are quite excited about this new product, and look forward to releasing more products for this vehicle as we are able to. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

bradc
18-12-2007, 02:58 AM
TD-05 manifolds :D

Kieran
18-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Oooooh!!! Is all RPW equipment available through Eurospec?:afro:

Mitsiman
19-12-2007, 12:21 AM
TD05 manifolds, is something we are still planning on looking at, but hte dump pipe comes first.

Yes all of our products can be purchased through Eurospec if you wish. They are already using a number of our products on there own VR4 Galants

Kieran
19-12-2007, 12:25 AM
They are already using a number of our products on there own VR4 Galants

I see! That explains a lot!:scholar: I presume we can still purchase direct too?

Now then.... You want something to sell in the UK?

Develop a TD04 (in preferance to TD05) conversion kit, or work out if anything can be done with the TD03s - there's quite a few on here who want better hairdryers than the standard ones!/rally

Also - I presume you've heard of PROS Engineering (as opposed to Pro-Shop IIda)? Some of their ally intake pipework would be nice too....

Turbo_Steve
19-12-2007, 01:27 AM
The anticipation! TD04s would put the VR-4 firmly into RS4 territory, without killing the gearbox / AYC / etc. Oh man please please please!

Kenneth
19-12-2007, 01:41 AM
...or work out if anything can be done with the TD03s

To be honest, I wouldn't bother with this step. There have been a few members who have looked into this already. Most were told it wasn't worth it.

Those that went ahead anyway got the turbine clipped and the compressor enlarged... And promptly had the nut securing the compressor wheel come loose, damaging the compressor wheel and housing.

Might as well just go straight to TD04s

bradc
19-12-2007, 06:56 AM
yep that happened to me.

TD04's, TD05's or GT2554R's are the only worthwhile turbos developing manifolds for.

Turbo_Steve
19-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Ohhh....GT25s...I have a couple of them in the garage somewhere.......Possibly a touch small, for all that work, though. Hmm..

ANTHONY
20-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Oooooh!!! Is all RPW equipment available through Eurospec?:afro:sounds interesting and a good price,
385.00 AUD = 165.458 GBP
Australia Dollars United Kingdom Pounds
1 AUD = 0.429762 GBP 1 GBP = 2.32687 AUD

Mitsiman
20-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Manifolds are definitly something we are considering, a Garret GT25 ball bearing turbo package would be ideal for these engines I beleive, response of a TD03 with the top end performance of a TD05. Best of both worlds.

We are trying to develop a lot of products for a lot of cars at this moment, but this will be one of our priorities next year for sure.

Will discus this point particuarly on the forums for sure later.

Meanwhile, if we can focus on the down pipe kits for this discussion. Some new updates on them

We are altering the design with the addition of a front flex pipe join in the front pipe for additional flex movement and ease of fitting .We are also making the outlet size on the system a 3" outlet. WE looked at this hard and realised that the majority of owners will be modifying three exhaust. Even though this will hook up to the factory cat converter, any person modifying the car should be doing there exhaust first anyway.

Also we will be fitting a Haltech Interceptor package to a car in perth, and doing a tune and adjustment on the eletronic boost control so that if people grab a interceptor unit at the same time, it will come with a generic improved tune (Very mild tune only) but more importantly, an adjsuted boost control setting to stop the engine from hititng the fuel cut / boost cut.

We are making 30 units straight up and they should be completed by the end of January. Once they come back we will take accurate photos for everyone, and publish some dyno results.

Paul C
20-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Is it $350 for stainless steel down pipes as the website says mildsteel, just thought i would check to confim price as i may be interested.

Mitsiman
20-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Website is being updated, we changed our design. We were origonally going to use mild steel, but have changed it to stainless steel as our new manafactuer can do it cheaper that way due to the mass production method we are using.

stuartturbo
21-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Will they clear the Cusco lower brace
Mainly because lots have them fittes may want to keep them fitted

Mitsiman
22-12-2007, 12:56 AM
I don't know if it would clear a cusco lower brace. I hope it will but I won't be releasing a special design if it doesn't unless I had a car in perth which had one and I modelled off it.

Beastlee
22-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I take it you could send to Germany as well? If not I may have to spend the money and go to Eurospec back int he UK at which point I could get them fitted properly and get an ATF and engine fluid change to Amsoil ;)

MarkSanne
09-01-2008, 03:24 PM
The picture on the RPW website is a PS-IIda picture (see: http://www.ps-iida.co.jp/galant/img/04.jpg).

Furthermore, in the text on the RPW site it says there are two flex-pieces, the PS-IIda has 'only' one. However... 385 NZ dollar... I'll start crying if the end result is just as good as the PS-IIda I have bought for over 700 EURO (including shipping and taxes)!!

MarkSanne
09-01-2008, 04:55 PM
OMG! Just got a call from the workshop: downpipe is not gonna fit... I'm gonna go over there and see for myself how bad this bad thing is... Must have got something to do with the different subframe or something.

Beastlee
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Hope it works out for you, if not....how far are you from Venlo? ;)

MarkSanne
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Hahaha, nice try Beastlee ;)

Well, it won't fit witout major adjustmensts because the subframe is different to real VR4's. The orginal downpipe was just able to fit (with a tiny bit of nibling to the subframe, sssshhhh don't tell anyone), but this beautiful piece of PS-IIda art is just 3cm (just over an inch) too big on the first (shortest) bend.

Besides that the layout of the 'tunnel' (?) is different too so I'll need to chop the downpipe up and make some not-to-exiting modifications. End of this year I'll be living in my new house (in Gouda, that's 175km from Venlo Beastlee), with a large garage attached, so then I'll get this baby finally mounted!

Beastlee
09-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Will you be making cheese there? /haz

MarkSanne
09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
ofcourse, what else?! ah well, it's just a little windmill I've bought, but I think it will take some time before I'll get used to the wooden shoes, but hey it's an honest way to make the Galant collection in tip-top shape!

Mitsiman
25-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Just an update for everyone, our first prototypes have arrived and will be fitted up to a vehicle in the next two weeks. The photo on our website is a rough copy of our first design, which utilises slightly smaller pipe of a 2 3/4" diameter onto the stock exhaust.

Our second design, will utilise 3" diameter outlet, and will have a second flex pipe added into the front pipe for additional flex. We will by dynoing both designs on the dyno to compare differences and see the effect of the larger piping on the turbo wastegate settings for boost creep.

Once thats done, we will be organising a group buy for everyone. Starting to get quite excited about this.

TAR
25-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Starting to get quite excited about this.

You are not the only one !!

Caveman
30-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Count me in as a definate>

Cheers,

Mart.

Mitsiman
04-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Our test vehicle has arrived and the RPW R&D project has started on a complete stock auto Legnum. Below is a link to our main page with the results as we move through the vehicle.

Good news is that the haltech miniceptor unit is already up and running and exhaust work is next. Feel free to ask any questions you want about what we are doing.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=221&Itemid=40

mpau009
04-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Our test vehicle has arrived and the RPW R&D project has started on a complete stock auto Legnum. Below is a link to our main page with the results as we move through the vehicle.

Good news is that the haltech miniceptor unit is already up and running and exhaust work is next. Feel free to ask any questions you want about what we are doing.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=221&Itemid=40

Factory V5 engine? Tc-03's instead of TD-03s?? :P you ozzie boys have been short changed..

This looks like a hell of an interesting project though! it is very cool to see some shop led development on the 6a13, outside of japan. I'll be keeping a keen eye out:scholar:

Mitsiman
04-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the spelling tips will go back and correct it. Looking forward to getting some excellent results

Caveman
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Mitsiman,

Do we have an update on this? I am very interested in the downpipes if they're ready?

Cheers,

Mart.

Beastlee
12-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I'm holding off my LC-1 purchase and hence my Emanage programming in anticipation of this project!

Mitsiman
13-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Yes we had our first sample made and went to fit, but the manufacturers welded the rear pipe wrong, turned it 180 degrees out. I could have fixed it here, but I am insisting on having a completed working sample from our manufacturer to ensure quality control.

The new unit is due here sometime next week and then we will refit again. As I said to our local VR4 guy's, I am not prepared to rush this as I have spent too much money now, and plan on spending more and want to ensure that this is built 100% correctly, even if it means going through 2 or 3 more sample fitments. The one off's are no problem, but when we are mass producing these 30 at a time, I want to ensure that they are 100% correct.

djb160
13-05-2008, 03:41 AM
I'd give you some rep for ethics but I can't

Caveman
14-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the update Mitsiman, I am following your upgrades with huge interest and will be buying from you as soon as your kits are ready!

Keep us updated!

Cheers,

Mart.

peter thomson
10-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I have asked on the Oz site and checked the RPW site but can't find what grade of stainless steel is being used. Can you let us know.

Mitsiman
11-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I will advise once the units are produced, what grade of stainless steel it is. Where doing our final fitment next week on our test car and then send our 100% confirmed sample back to manafacturer. Been taking a while which is frustrating but just doing the best we can.

scocia
12-06-2008, 10:25 PM
I will advise once the units are produced, what grade of stainless steel it is. Where doing our final fitment next week on our test car and then send our 100% confirmed sample back to manafacturer. Been taking a while which is frustrating but just doing the best we can.

Good to hear there is more progress Dave. Keep us and the lads over at ozvr4 (http://ozvr4.com/forums/index.php)in the loop mate!
/rally

phosty
13-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Mitsiman, slightly off topic but when you first posted up this thread I had a look over your website at all the goodies you offer. One thing I came across (if I remember correctly) was a bit of news about you fitting an FTO Mivec head to a 6a13TT block. Now I can't find it on your website. How did it go and is the info still on your website?

peter thomson
13-06-2008, 02:43 PM
No update for a while Phil

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=144&Itemid=40

Mitsiman
13-06-2008, 07:40 PM
The Hybrid Mivec motor was never completed, and instead broken back down into a 6A13 Turbo block with forgies for future cusotmer, and the mivec gear sold off. Basically no one had hte money for a FTO for this radical a conversion.

bradc
14-06-2008, 07:03 AM
I still want to part with $10k to get a mivec 2.5 dohc in the ST-R :)

phosty
19-06-2008, 04:21 PM
That's pity - sounded like an interesting concept. Out of interest, does the FTO Mivec head fit directly onto the 6A13TT block? Would it be feasible with the turbos - I appreciate it requires a new ecu for Mivec control but what other mods would be required? What did you estimate the potential powe/torque gains would have been (and why)?

Whole VR4s are dirt cheap here in the UK now and I doubt FTO's are much different so getting the parts shouldn't be too prohibitive. Just a thought....

bradc
19-06-2008, 08:43 PM
lots of turbo honda's delete the vtec system and just use the high rpm cams. I don't think there is much of a gain to be had really, especially with how our turbos spool up. I do however think there are some gains to be had near the redline with getting the stock VR-4 cams reground.

Nutter_John
20-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Most evos when going big power just go for an uprated single cam as it is easier to deal with when mapping

CANDEE
20-06-2008, 03:26 AM
Most evos when going big power just go for an uprated single cam as it is easier to deal with when mapping
Do you mean a single cam ie inlet or outlet cam replaced, not both??

Mitsiman
23-06-2008, 02:22 PM

For those interested, continued results of exhaust and the dump pipe package (Our first prototype). Some interesting results :)

Nutter_John
23-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Hmmm yeah interesting , when WRD made a set of Down pipes it added around 30 ft/lb of torque to my car , from looking at your graphs it has done nothing to the power or torque figures .

So with out any tunning i went from around 300ft/lb to 330 ft/lbs of torque , with the map2ecu setup that figure went to 370ft/lb of torque

Mitsiman
23-06-2008, 02:38 PM
If you look at the other graph showing the air/fuel ratio versus boost level, you can see the vehicle just got richer and richer. I beleive that what is happening is the car is literally chocking itself to death on excess fuel as there is a gain in hp/tq up to aroudn 5000 rpm range and then it tapers off to match the factory curve. As the next set of graphs show, with some very mild tuning only the gains were immediet and very effective.

Caveman
24-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Mitsiman,

When will the downpipe be ready to buy? Any idea on price shipped to the UK?

Cheers,

Mart.

Mitsiman
25-06-2008, 02:01 AM
No fixed eta on the down pipe, we have sent our new master sample back for manafacturing, but I would expect about 8 weeks approx. Pricing to the UK would be around $550.00 AUD$ at a guess

Mitsiman
03-07-2008, 04:09 PM
For those interested we just finished tuning the vehicle after upgrading the intercooler to a PWR 300 X 210 X 76 unit (Which looks great on the car).

Finished with 206kw at the wheels at 13.5 psi boost. Virtuall Doubled torque up to 4500 rpm, and on the road it goes like a bullet.

Could definitly with some more tweaks I think hit 220kw quite comfortably with our upgraded Version 2 dump pipe, replacement boost control solenoid and upgraded throttle body package.

But have to say, very impressive car to drive. Would love to see how these same mods woudl go on a manuel model.

I will be updating our website in a few days with dyno printouts of the final tune with the haltech unit. Was very easy to do and only took 1 1/2 hours on the dyno to get it set right (this included boost settings as well).

Nicky123
04-07-2008, 04:21 AM
But have to say, very impressive car to drive. Would love to see how these same mods woudl go on a manuel model.

Fly to NZ with the parts and you can find out with mine.

bradc
04-07-2008, 07:49 AM
upgraded throttle body? is that the whole intake manifold or just throttle body?

Caveman
04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi there Mitsiman,

I am about to get an Autronic SM4, intercooler & turbo pipes and new intercooler fitted.

Could you explain what the replacement boost control solenoid and upgraded throttle body packages are in more detail, and why you are doing them? I will ask my garage to do the same if its worth it.

Also, did you see a need to upgrade the actuators - i've heard that's a worthwhile mod.

Cheers,

Mart.

scocia
04-07-2008, 10:25 AM
The boost solenoid *might* be the optional electronic boost control solenoid for the haltech miniceptor (http://www.haltech.com.au/boost_ctrl_soln.htm)?

If you head over to the rpw (http://rpw.com.au) website there is a pretty good explantion of the TB upgrades too.

:)

Mitsiman
04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Just updated our website with the dyno sheets.
The haltech can use the factory boost control solenoid, and removal of the factory restrictor means that they stock solenoid setup is good for around 15 - 17 psi without a problem, although use of hte haltech unit would produce a flatter more stable boost curve.

throttle body means we fit a larger bored out unit with a ported inlet manifold Doesn't do a lot for power, although that is improved, but it does improve throttle response especially off boost.

Kieran
04-07-2008, 06:54 PM
...........removal of the factory restrictor.......

Whereabouts is the restrictor? Is it in the standard boost solenoid outlet?

Kieran
04-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Whereabouts is the restrictor? Is it in the standard boost solenoid outlet?

Bah, scratch that question, I see it's on your progress blog! /duh

Here's the answer for anyone else who missed it - Bottom of page:

peter thomson
04-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought the 2 steel pipes that are between the wastgates and the solenoid were also retstrictors

phosty
18-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Peter, I think the retriction you are referring too is on the upstream HP supply side of the pipework to the wastegate actuators as in the diagram below.

uploaded/4134/1181235465.jpg

In an earlier thread it was surmised that the upstream restrictor was acheived by the reduced bore of the hard metal pipes rather than a separate element (well, nobody found it).

What is interesting about the findings of RPW is that the solenoid mounted restrictor pill is on the LP pipework downstream the wastegate actuators. It also doesn't seem to feature on the diagram.

As far as my simple understanding goes that should mean you could vent the wastegate actuators at a bigger (faster) rate without that restrictor pill in place.

I'm thinking this might possibly make low boost control a little less smooth (with the actuators being vented very quickly every time the solenoid opens) but give increased headroom for higher boost figures? Does that sound about right?

Turbo_Steve
18-07-2008, 03:43 PM
The restrictors will ONLY slow/smooth the boost control: they shouldn't have any effect on the eventual boost pressure at the actuator.

Actually, looking at that diagram again, it doesn't look like the restrictor is for smoothing the venting, but the the 'fill' side of the process: I'd suggest this is to attempt to keep the actuators closed, and reduce lag due to wastegate bleed.

Mitsiman
14-08-2008, 03:02 AM
The restrictor as such works by restricting the amount of pressure is being bled off by the wastegate boost control solenoid. By not being able to vent off as much pressure from teh wastegate, it then cannot produce as much boost. It will have no effect on the smoothness of the boost.

Removing the restrictor means it can vent more pressure, which means it now takes a correspondingly higher amount of boost pressure to crack open the wastegate.

Mitsiman
14-08-2008, 03:03 AM
On a side note - we have just fitted up our dump pipe sample kit and it fitted perfectly. We are now starting production of these units going to make our initial batch of 30 units, and they should be available for sale in around 8 weeks time.

Quite excited about this we are now starting on the next phase of our work being manufacturing new turbo exhaust outlet pipes to bolt up to the downpipe package.

scott.mohekey
14-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Will any of this work enable the use of non stock, larger turbos. For example, TD04s?

Mitsiman
26-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Its possible our down pipe kits could do that if you were to mount the larger turbo's in a similiar position and make a dump pipe that mounted up at teh same flange point as the factory oens.

Side note also, we are starting development on dump pipes now for the Galant/legnum vehicles to complement our down pipe kits. This should complete the full exhaust system for everyone.

realistically, the majority of people will be retaining the factory turbo's which is why we are focusing on producing components for that section of the market at this time.

I am also waiting word back on the type of stainless steel that is being used as requested by some UK customers.

Mitsiman
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Update for those interested, our dump pipe kits have arrived and will be on sale as of Monday next week with final pricing.

I have had some enquiries from UK customers, so if there are more than 3 or more people intereted, we could do a group shipment to the UK, which would dramatically cut freight costs, especially if we sent it via economy air freight. If we sent 5 or more on a small pallet, it would reduce freight costs down to around $50.00 AUD$ per unit approx.

The units will be around $425.00 AUD$ for the down pipe packages uncoated (Although they are made from stainless steel).

If your interested in more information on these let me know

peter thomson
11-11-2008, 02:47 PM
I would be keen at that price with a group delivery. If you buy them on your own then Dave said the delivery cost would be $125 so that is a good saving.

Update for those interested, our dump pipe kits have arrived and will be on sale as of Monday next week with final pricing.

I have had some enquiries from UK customers, so if there are more than 3 or more people intereted, we could do a group shipment to the UK, which would dramatically cut freight costs, especially if we sent it via economy air freight. If we sent 5 or more on a small pallet, it would reduce freight costs down to around $50.00 AUD$ per unit approx.

The units will be around $425.00 AUD$ for the down pipe packages uncoated (Although they are made from stainless steel).

If your interested in more information on these let me know

djb160
11-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Can you post up some pics of the finished out-of-the-box pipes please. Or a link to ozvr4 if they're there already.

peter thomson
11-11-2008, 10:46 PM
No pics yet as the final product has still to arrive I think

Mitsiman
12-11-2008, 12:39 AM
I will post up photos once they units arrive here - photos will likely be up on Monday

peter thomson
13-11-2008, 07:36 PM
If people are interested in a group delivery I would be happy to have them delivered to me and I could then send them out by citylink as I have an account with them. They are half the price of the ps iida downpipes before any taxes are added.

Beastlee
13-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Hmm, wonder what would be cheaper...direct to me or via UK. This is a very good price after all.

miller
13-11-2008, 08:13 PM
i think Peter i will be having one of these if your reckoning up group delivery etc

Cheers

Mike

ianturbo
13-11-2008, 10:49 PM
so $425.00 aus = £165 uk + postage or have a worked this out wrong ?
and were is the factory resister thing with the little bung in i can remove to give a bit more ommmph i had a look today and can't see jack !! :speechles
ian

keithatport
14-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I'll have one too.

Mitsiman
14-11-2008, 10:52 AM
heres some photos for those interested

Beastlee
14-11-2008, 10:57 AM
That does look good, very shiny and smooth!

peter thomson
14-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes looks very good

phosty
14-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Count me in for one along with your order Peter!

peter thomson
14-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Count me in for one along with your order Peter!

Great that will be 3 in Aberdeen alone.

miller
14-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Any dyno figures with these? ie have they been tested yet on a VR4?

peter thomson
14-11-2008, 08:50 PM

There's a thread on OZVR4 to read through about the development work.It is very long

Paul C
15-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Great that will be 3 in Aberdeen alone.

And me.

peter thomson
18-11-2008, 04:02 PM

Here's the link and a bump

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1041&highlight=dump+pipes

miller
18-11-2008, 04:26 PM
cheers for that peter! just lost my entire afternoon there :scholar: :scholar:

Seems pretty decent gains especially if coupled with a complete aftermarket unit. :pimp2: wonder how the Fuji will sound with these attached/rally

Now to go raise some dough!

Mike

peter thomson
18-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes a very long read if you don't check the posts on the OZ forum. lol

Seems pretty decent gains especially if coupled with a complete aftermarket unit. :pimp2: wonder how the Fuji will sound with these attached/rally

Mike

Mitsiman
19-11-2008, 04:18 AM
pricing has been finalised for these units. The retail price is $391.00 AUD$ which works out to be $170.00 UK Pounds. I estimate that freight charges would be around $200.00 AUD$ which woudl be around $90.00 UK Pounds per order.

If we were able to group an order of 5 or more units, send it by sea freight, total freight would come in around $200 UK Pounds in total for between 5 - 10 units.

If there were 5 or more units ordered at once, we would drop the price to around $150.00 Pounds per unit. So great potential to make great savings.

If people wnat to do this lets start getting some numbers, as I may have to make another batch of units depending how many are left are the australian group buy

peter thomson
19-11-2008, 08:41 AM
List of interested people so far.

1. Peter Thomson
2. keithatport
3. Phosty.
4. Paul C.

Just add your name to the list if interested but we need 5+ for the cheap delivery and we will have customs to pay i would expect .The PS iida pipes are over £400 at the moment from RHD last time I checked

CANDEE
19-11-2008, 09:37 AM
How much would shipping to NZ come to?

Ta,
J

miller
19-11-2008, 09:44 AM
1. Peter Thomson
2. keithatport
3. Phosty.
4. Paul C.
5. Miller

orionn2o
19-11-2008, 09:46 AM
When are you gonna close the book on this order?

I'm interested, but need to check a couple of things out first!

orionn2o
19-11-2008, 10:25 AM

Mike

Any chance you could recap the rough details of that thread Mike regarding Dyno gains or whatever?

Its 26 pages long and unfortunately I don't have time to read it!

miller
19-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Matt,

Have a look here, nothin is official though

Kieran
19-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Total price is about £260 shipped then - That's bloody good. I think I paid £320ish for the ProShop IIda pipes.

Paul C
19-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I hope it comes with all the gaskets too. Any chance of delivery before xmas its the next chance i'll have to fit it. If not it will be march after that and i'll be moving house so screwed again.

peter thomson
19-11-2008, 04:00 PM
With sea freight I wouldn't expect it would be here before Xmas but it would be handy and depend on how many people decide when they can afford the pipes. Mitsiman will have to give us an answer to this question

Mitsiman
20-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Sea freight would take minimum of 6 weeks, but is the most economical way to ship.

The pricing I have offered I will hold open as it is a bulk purchase price when 5 or more orders are grouped together at one time. The only thing I warn about is our first batch of 30 units, 17 are already sold so if it takes too long to get an order together, we may have sold out and you may have to wait another 2 months for us to get new stock in again.

Also the UK / Australian dollar may change which will directly affect your pricing so nows the time to strike whilst everything is in your favour.

I like the idea of one person coordinating the UK group deal, I think stephen should be applauded for it, and a new post started on it so that it gets sorted out fast without the 26 pages of pre chit chat.

As far as hp gains go, basically they will be the same or slightly better than the Pro Iida units, due to the slightly larger 3" outlet we are running on our pipes.

peter thomson
20-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Link to the UK group delivery here

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=381025#post381025

chris g
20-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Is there a picture of the final product that we would be buying...?

Can it be posted here...?

peter thomson
20-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Is there a picture of the final product that we would be buying...?

Can it be posted here...?

Post 75 Chris

chris g
20-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks

chris g
20-11-2008, 09:29 AM
And what were the final measurements of the downpipes and then the pipe after they joined together...?

And the gauge/quality of the stainless steel...?

peter thomson
20-11-2008, 09:34 AM
I think all the info is here but I'm sure dave will confirm it shortly.There are a lot of posts though

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1041

orionn2o
20-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Total price is about £260 shipped then - That's bloody good. I think I paid £320ish for the ProShop IIda pipes.

Or £190 shipped if we have over 5 :)

Bargain!

tolcol
29-11-2008, 06:43 PM
List of interested people so far.

1. Peter Thomson
2. keithatport
3. Phosty.
4. Paul C.

Just add your name to the list if interested but we need 5+ for the cheap delivery and we will have customs to pay i would expect .The PS iida pipes are over £400 at the moment from RHD last time I checked

5. Colin Murdoch
Sounds like a winner to me!/rally

peter thomson
29-11-2008, 07:00 PM
5. Colin Murdoch
Sounds like a winner to me!/rally

I'll move your name over to the group buy thread Colin

VR4WGN
29-11-2008, 07:54 PM
hi,how will this affect not having a flexi by the front turbo housing??,there is a bit of movement to ensure a fit,and without it i might just be too tight dont you think?? ,even once used for a while it mite not come off too easly tho,thanx

VR4WGN
29-11-2008, 07:58 PM
oh and aswell the guage of the steel used schedule wot is it??? thanx mate

peter thomson
29-11-2008, 08:39 PM
hi,how will this affect not having a flexi by the front turbo housing??,there is a bit of movement to ensure a fit,and without it i might just be too tight dont you think?? ,even once used for a while it mite not come off too easly tho,thanx

There is a flexi in front of the first turbo. I think the gauge is in the Oz thread somewhere but I'm sure Dave will confirm what it is shortly