PDA

View Full Version : Howya

N9nebar
21-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Just joined up for useful info and links for parts n stuff, I'm waitin for my car to arrive mid-jan hopefully. bad time of year for imports cause of all the new cars coming over for the new year, And its not even a VR4 ........!!!!!! would have loved to get one but price ,tax,insurance,petrol all became a factor, lack of money mostly so i got a 99 1.8gdi vient. I need the car more for the space than the speed........ oh yeah i'm irish ...heres a pic of my car sittin on a dock somwhere in japan (Nagoya i think).................

Nick VR4
21-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi and /Welcome2 nice looking car :D

TAR
21-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi, /Welcome

Thats a very nice looking car. There is something very purposeful looking about white Legnums.

As it's Christmas, why not treat yourself to a membership, there is lots of info in the members section.

/Wyhy

Kieran
21-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Welcome!

How do you register cars in Ireland then? Reason I ask is a car from that year couldn't be registered in the UK at the moment as it wouldn't get past the ESVA test.

miller
21-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Tallaght?

Nice looking car, mean in white!

Mike

N9nebar
22-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Welcome!

How do you register cars in Ireland then? Reason I ask is a car from that year couldn't be registered in the UK at the moment as it wouldn't get past the ESVA test.
Well this is the first car i've imported ,doing through an import company but they are basically an agent that deals with all the paper work,but its possible to do it all yourself if ya have the patience to deal with civil servants .The car arrives on the docks, and you should have the relevant paperwork from the exporter, and then you bring the paperwork to the customs and they charge you 10% of the cost of the freight and the price you paid for the car,you then pay VAT 21% of whatever you've paid so far ,and then ,you get it registered VRT which is charged at 25%(up to 1900cc) or 30%( for bigger engines)of the open market selling price(OMSP) which is basically whatever the customs think the car is worth ,based on previous sales. The car has to have a reg plate before its allowed to leave the docks ,or if your a registered motor trader it can be carried out. Simple. But this system is set to change in July 08,when its all going to be based on emissions so if ya think its a way of getting a newer leggie do it quickly ....................... thats all a bit long winded ,please correct me if i got any of it wrong........:scholar:

ANTHONY
22-12-2007, 12:16 AM
so are the import rules the same for a 1.8gdi and a VR-4

Physician
22-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Welcome to the Club buddy ......... car looks in good condition. Hope you have many years of trouble free driving.

I'm sure you will have got a good idea about this Club already - just shout when you need any help and info as there are many good souls on here who are willing to help out.

Rich :)

N9nebar
22-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Tallaght?

Nice looking car, mean in white!

Mike

Yeah, Tallaght is right. its like california its the sunny southwest...of dublin, hence Tallafornia........ like the song too " Tallafornia Uber Alles" DK

N9nebar
22-12-2007, 12:27 AM
so are the import rules the same for a 1.8gdi and a VR-4
yeah they are ,just pay more VRT on the vr4 cause its a bigger engine and a higher value at the moment but it will change to emission based in july, so vr4's probably screwed on that. oh i forgot to mention that after you get the car registered you have to submit it to an NCT (national car test) like the UK mot , and then tax it ,insure it ,put petrol in it and drive it....
ps: Thanks for the welcome.....

HMG1K
22-12-2007, 12:56 AM
WELCOME!!!!! Lovely looking car in my favouite colour!

And there's something about the early V6-24v alloys on your car that works and looks great on a VR4!

Spirit
22-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Welcome to CVR4. Nice looking car :pimp2: