PDA

View Full Version : TCL Fault-grey tank

Paul C
21-12-2007, 09:23 AM
The dreaded TCL fault is back and the fault always seems to be associated with the grey tank tubing. Has anyone ever tried to remove te tank and just by pass it. As it stands i think the tank is used as a capacitor to give a fast,constant reaction. I'm thinking that if i remove it and couple through with decent adaptor, i will at most lose a bit of the tcl reaction time that would probably be unoticeable.Any thoughts would be great,thanks Paul.

thecustomer
21-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't know about removing the tank... but it's definitely the weak point in the system.
Well, not the tank, but the connection between the tank and the pipes.
Pusing them back onto the tank does stop the problem for a while.

I wonder if it's just the pipes aging?
Maybe new tubing is the answer

I had thought about putting circlips around the pipes, just to keep it fimly in place.

Will
:thinking:

Paul C
21-12-2007, 09:54 AM
i know its drastic but i'm pissed off with pushing pipes on. i've heard a bit of loctite may help but i'll end up in a & e with fingers stuck together

Paul C
21-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Just done a little experiment with the grey tank. I removed it and plumbed in a straight through connector. It seems that it requires to plumbed in one way only port A to solonoid and port B to fuel regulator(?). I think it acts as a one way valve aswell. Any way engine management light stays off but the TCL goes to the off position. Need to take the car for proper test run will do that when i get round to it as waiting for delivery

Paul Beazer
21-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Rubber hoses over time tend to get a bit hard and lose their elasticity where they are streached over the male conector, so they come off easier as a result. It might be worth cuttting an inch off the end and putting the new end on the and clamping it with a mini jubilee clip or similar to hold it in place?

On the other hand i could be talking tosh!!

Paul C
21-12-2007, 11:24 PM
i removed the grey tank and coupled the pipes. eventually got out for a test run. Reset the ecu aswell.

I found that there was no tcl light on ,no enginemanagement light and no traction control. The back end went when i hammered it around a corner expecting the tcl to kick in, Ayc lit up but no tcl control. So far no other probs but this seems to deactivate tcl without giving a fault

Paul C
25-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Still no fault lights, only difference is less grip which shows up what the tcl does.

bradc
25-12-2007, 10:45 PM
does the stability control still come up though?

Paul C
26-12-2007, 10:57 AM
does the stability control still come up though?

so far no.