PDA

View Full Version : Trans refill bleed?

matt25649
23-12-2007, 11:39 PM
The small hose going to the trans cooler or heat exchanger i guess developed a hole and pissed out heaps of trans fluid on the way home, i have replaced the hose i am just clarifying how i should fill the box back up? I am thinking fill it up through the dipstick hole then run car and it should fill up the lines going to the trans cooler then i add more? what do you guys think?

Also anybody in auckland although i am sure most of you will be busy today, if you want to come round i need to use your dipstick to check my trans fluid level as mine touched the positive battery terminal and is now in two pieces. I will give you cash for gas and a box of beer or whatever your into. Pm me you cell if you can come round.

Cheers Matt

richy rich
23-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Yep fill though the dip stick and hope no damage has been done.

Subaru ETA
24-12-2007, 07:49 AM
i would give you a hand but i got a manual sorry!

matt25649
25-12-2007, 01:22 AM
The offer still stands if anyone has some free time and an auto can pop round and let me borrow your dipstick so i can fill up my box and drive my car over the holidays, i have one coming ex japan but i think it might take a while being this time of year

bradc
25-12-2007, 05:36 AM
thats a toughie, you could perhaps call kempy's or another spare parts place, I'm sure they would have plenty of them.

matt25649
25-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks brad i'll give them a try

serenity88
26-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Here's the link to the guy in Hamilton who's got the mount you need, (he's a keen dealer so make sure you talk turkey with him)

http://www.mitsispares.co.nz/contact.php

You might want to hold off on contacting him though, cause I just heard from gly that there are a couple out at the pic a part in Mangere. I'm going out tomorrow to have a gander, will let you know if the mounts are any good and I'll wip out a dipstick for you if there is still one there

matt25649
26-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah thanks, stuck your dipstick in when i got home filled up the box and i'm back up and running again. Fingers crossed for a dipsick out mangere

serenity88
27-12-2007, 03:18 AM
There was only a coule of gdi legnums and a gdi galant, sticks are no good! Cant be 100% on the mounts but they do seem as if they are bolted to the chasis with a different arrangement (cant quite remember what the vr4 looks like behind all the intercooler piping) So all up no good news I'm afraid. Be a hell of a lot of shaggin around out there to pull the mount anyway's + putting it back in ur's might be worth the extra coin and just get the right one shipped up from Hamilton.

matt25649
27-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Cheers for having a look anyway