PDA

View Full Version : look what i got...

ianturbo
24-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Look what i picked upfor the measley sum of £130 delivered !! 20457
just need some pads anyone recomend any ??
Ian

bernmc
24-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Don't forget to clean that horrible black gunk off the face of the disc - white spirit if I remember correctly ;)

ianturbo
24-12-2007, 03:38 PM
That Black gunk don't come off they stay black .:thinking:
ian

Beastlee
24-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Is a fleabay deal or could we all get some?

bernmc
24-12-2007, 06:09 PM
That Black gunk don't come off they stay black .:thinking:
ian

Not so sure about that... I had black diamonds for the wife's old hyundai coupe, and they went silver on the friction surfaces. Things may have changed since I guess...

ianturbo
24-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Is a fleabay deal or could we all get some?
no got em off MLR ,some chap had discs and pads for £180 but when i saw them only had discs left ! bargin me thinks :thinking:
ian

unclepete
26-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Need new discs myself, what's MLR? Are there more?!

jayjay99
26-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Mitsubishi Lancer Register

http://www.lancerregister.com/

Another forum with with a 'for sale' section which would be where these were from.

n13l pm
26-12-2007, 02:31 AM
Don't forget to clean that horrible black gunk off the face of the disc - white spirit if I remember correctly ;)

Hope your cracking jokes mate about the white spirit. To my knowledge the black wears off the face of the brake discs as they bed in, to sliver.

I upgraded my rears to them for £130, but thats how much the v6 discs cost, the vr4 ones are like £500 so you got yourself a BIG bargin, well done mate.

bernmc
26-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Hope your cracking jokes mate about the white spirit. To my knowledge the black wears off the face of the brake discs as they bed in, to sliver.

No I'm not. Even if the black doesn't come off, you should always give the friction surfaces of a new set of discs a once-over with a solvent like white spirit - it removes all the anticorrosive gunk that the manufacturers put on to keep the disc looking shiny and new in the box.

n13l pm
26-12-2007, 07:53 PM
No I'm not. Even if the black doesn't come off, you should always give the friction surfaces of a new set of discs a once-over with a solvent like white spirit - it removes all the anticorrosive gunk that the manufacturers put on to keep the disc looking shiny and new in the box.

Yeah I did that, I was just relating to the black coming off with white spirit, but I get yeh now.

I-S
27-12-2007, 06:26 PM
The black comes off with use.

I had problems with Black Diamond discs, as did someone else - they can rattle, even with the wheel nuts done up very tight. Then, something very weird happened, with one area of the disc going rough - apparently because of the material of the disc:

http://www.askisaac.com/images/disc1.jpg

ianturbo
28-12-2007, 12:51 AM
maybee this is why they were cheap then ??:thinking: :thinking:
i need some pads beforei fit them so i'll keep ya informed .
ian

ianturbo
12-01-2008, 11:08 PM
put em on on wednesday , they don't stay black for long !/pan and as the car at side of me pointed out they smoke alot under heavy braking /rally /rally
pics to follow as only had phone on me and its not to good in bad light !!
ian