PDA

View Full Version : Transmision Sensors

serenity88
27-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Does anyone know anything about the sensors in the atm. I bashed one of mine when we were lifting a new trans in. The sensor off my old box has a different part number on it.

The new trans that I put in wont work in D, It'll go foward then just slips into nuetral (with the old box's sensor in it) I pulled the bashed sensor apart and gave it a tweak, put it back in and went for a drive, the trans didn't slip out it went right through first and then went into limp mode. It would seem that the sensor has something to do with the clutching/gear change. The box works fine in tip mode and in D when the first to second gear change is done manualy, Hence the reinforcing my thinking it's an electronic issue rather than a mechanical.

Heres where it gets really confusing. I went down to pick a part and raided a GDI which appeared to have the same sensor (same part number) the new sensor does the same thing as the old box's one, it goes foward in D then just slips out into nuetral. There are some other numbers on them which I thought were just serial or production sequence numbers.

Here's my question for any electronic wizards: Are these sensors coded to the specific gearbox's is this why the other sensors are not working?

I have also found that I'm having problems with my aircon unit, when I press the button to change the settings it says that the air is blowing through the selected vents but it just keeps blowing through the window dimist vent's, Could I have left something off our stuffed something??? It's got me beat I've been over it at least ten time already.

Nick Mann
27-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry, bud. It is all a bit strange for me so not sure if I can say much that is helpful.

My logic would be the ecu. If the box is capable of changing when given a tiptronic signal, then surely it is just not receiving the correct ecu signal to do the same?

Also I would check all the multi-plugs to the gearbox, making sure the tabs and clips are all the right shape and a good fit.

serenity88
28-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Yea thats what I'm thinking. I know that people have put a preface lift trans into a face lift and had no problems but my ride is a 2000 and I've heard that there were some changes made in the 2000 model in regards to the AYC so I wouldn't be suprised if the ECU wont run the non owc box properly.

Going to swap out the ecu's. I was just hoping someone might know a little more about the speed sensors and what the exact nature of the signal they send is, Before I go out burning more notes

Nick Mann
28-12-2007, 11:52 AM
The AYC and AT ecus are seperate. I can't tell you if they changed or not, but it would seem like a lot of work for little or no gain to change them both?

serenity88
28-12-2007, 10:22 PM
If they changed the ayc then there is a good chance that the atm ecu could have been changed slighty as well, just a stab in the dark really. It's a really weird problem and it's got the auto trans guy's stumped as well.

So far the consensus on the issue seems to be that the 2000 ecu might not run the earlier box properly because of the clutching and some other changes that show up in the difference in the numbers on the boxs.

If it's not that I'll most likely pull all my hair out :afro:

rees
29-12-2007, 07:53 PM
I have also found that I'm having problems with my aircon unit, when I press the button to change the settings it says that the air is blowing through the selected vents but it just keeps blowing through the window dimist vent's, Could I have left something off our stuffed something??? It's got me beat I've been over it at least ten time already.[/QUOTE]

i installed an ew stereo and i was gettin this same problem

check your plaugs havent come out the back of your climate control unit
incase you havent seen there are 2 very loose plugs in the back one suppliers power the other control etc

every time i went to push my new stereo into the housing the back would push the plug out , very fustrating but thats my informed guess as i had that very same problem; check ur plugs in the back:scholar:

serenity88
30-12-2007, 04:09 AM
:scholar: MAGIC!!! I bask in the glow of your aircon brilliance!!!!!!

one of those plugs is really poxy, thats for sure