PDA

View Full Version : Bodykit question

Munta
27-12-2007, 10:06 PM
hi guys...
i know this would of already been covered before... have been searching most this morning on the site...
im after the cyber 2 kit for my leggy (pic below)
and side skirts (pic below)

there was a trademe member that was selling these kits a lil while ago and that hopefull come monday ill have a bit of spare $$ again to spend on the leggy

anyways i have seen (and you guys proly reconize the pics) them on the speedfactory website...

does any1 know how much they charge or where abouts they are located? are they up here in auckland?

Kenneth
27-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Cant tell you what to expect cost wise, but I do have a little information that might be useful to your decision making :)

That front bumper is not a direct fit. You can bend it to sort of fit, but it looks ugly. If you really want the bumper, keep this in mind as it will have to be altered as well as painted. If you don't do this yourself or have someone who is doing you mates rates, this will cost more than the actual bumper.

When I got mine I chose to get it painted and fitted professionally (and I am glad I did actually) but it cost $600 for the bumper and $900 for modification, fitting and paint.

bradc
27-12-2007, 11:37 PM
They are located in Auckland, the owner Alfred is really nice and friendly and is a good guy to talk to. Kenneth is right about the bumper though.

rees
28-12-2007, 02:32 AM
/Grrr ****
just 0ordered one of the a few weeks ago
how hard is it to adapt to jdm spec/shape vr4's?

Kenneth
28-12-2007, 02:42 AM
/Grrr ****
just 0ordered one of the a few weeks ago
how hard is it to adapt to jdm spec/shape vr4's?

basically you need to do the following

1) Chop out grill section
2) take about 3" out of the middle of the bumper (cut a bit out at a time and offer up to the car until it fits nicely)
3) re-attach the 2 halves of the bumper
4) carve out the top to fit the grill section back in (you will have to take some out either side)
5) re-attach grill

So its technically not that difficult, the hard part of course is getting it to look ok and to put it back together straight

Munta
30-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh **** mite not go for that 1 then

rees
30-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh **** mite not go for that 1 then

well you're alright arent ya jack:annoyed:

oh well how hard can it be...:uhoh:

miller
30-12-2007, 09:37 PM
That first pic of the VR4 makes it look an awful lot like a Holden Monaro or something.

Mike

edit, just did a search for a monaro pic and came up with this!

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpapers/Holden-Monaro/Holden-Monaro-006.jpg&imgrefurl=http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2006/01/mitsubishi-2007-galant-ralliart.html&h=1200&w=1600&sz=120&tbnid=jnJJAsD_gnWE-M:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dholden%2Bmonaro%2Bpic%26um%3D1&start=2&ei=iwF4R-SJL4e4wwH8k_zLBw&sig2=pghIMHBYjcyKn-_zE2gi4w&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=2

Munta
03-01-2008, 09:25 PM
hmmm i dont what kit to get as i dont really like the other 1... i have a got a couple mates that are good with body kits... mite have a talk to them