PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart rear muffler

dickytim
29-12-2007, 11:45 PM
I couldn't resist buying it, I have spent thousands and thousands lately on my other hobby so I thought I would treat the VR4 to a Christmas present as well.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=132796588

Now when it arrives I will have an excuse to fill her up, put the boost tap back in and take her for a burn down to Awhitu for a leasurly drive :)

hmmmm, should I do a how to on fitting a rear muffler :P

Oh and a got an old laptop from work so I can also do some data logging :)

Happy days, now I just have to hope it arrives before the 14th when I go back to work.

Kieran
30-12-2007, 02:02 AM
I miss my Ralliart backbox. It looked good and was as quiet as the standard item. The only thing was it doesn't offer any performance advantage in my experience - it just looks nicer and sounds a little more 'bassy'.

pezza
30-12-2007, 02:54 AM
I miss my Ralliart backbox. It looked good and was as quiet as the standard item. The only thing was it doesn't offer any performance advantage in my experience - it just looks nicer and sounds a little more 'bassy'.

I liked the sound of mine until I removed the cat and it never sounded the same, just a lightweight howling sound. I luv the look of it tho so much so that when I got me new cat back system, I asked the fitters to keep the tailpipe with 'Ralliart' Embossed on the side! Still comes up well after a good clean n polish too!

KHK
30-12-2007, 05:55 AM
80something NZD, it's cheap, isn't it?

is it the same as the muffler from a Super VR4 legnum ?

dickytim
14-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the muffler the super VR4 has, but I love the sound it makes, I also refitted the boost tap, so we are happily going to 13psi, unfortunately when I stamp on the gas and the car hits 3,000rpm in 5th gear and the boost rises the revs quickly hit 6,000rpm without me going any faster :)

Mental note for later, don't do that too often...

Kenneth
14-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the muffler the super VR4 has, but I love the sound it makes, I also refitted the boost tap, so we are happily going to 13psi, unfortunately when I stamp on the gas and the car hits 3,000rpm in 5th gear and the boost rises the revs quickly hit 6,000rpm without me going any faster :)

Mental note for later, don't do that too often...

You gone through another clutch?!

Paul Beazer
14-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I miss my Ralliart backbox.

What happened to it? Claimed by the "garage" incident?

richy rich
14-01-2008, 01:59 PM
What happened to it? Claimed by the "garage" incident?
That back box was mine before i went for my twin SS then it went to K, when he got his new zorst it went to Don (AncientOfMu).

I also sometimes wish i had my old quite car.

AncientOfMu
14-01-2008, 02:07 PM
That back box was mine before i went for my twin SS then it went to K, when he got his new zorst it went to Don (AncientOfMu).

I also sometimes wish i had my old quite car.

Mine now has the standard box back on it although the new owner of the car may get the ralliart box if they want it.

I must admit I really liked the sound of it especially with a de-cat fitted.

Beastlee
14-01-2008, 05:59 PM
How much for it Don? (The exhaust that is, as much as I'd like 2 VR4s I can't do it)

AncientOfMu
14-01-2008, 10:29 PM
How much for it Don? (The exhaust that is, as much as I'd like 2 VR4s I can't do it)

I really have to see whether the car sells first. The backbox may well be a selling point I need. If the new owner doesnt want it then you have first dibs.

It wont cost you anything apart from shipping. On one condition, If you ever get rid of your VR or decide to change exhausts if the backbox is still servicable it has to go to another club member.

It has had 3 club owners so far and it would be nice for it to be passed down the generations... :P

Beastlee
14-01-2008, 10:32 PM
No problem with that at all, I actually think that's a great idea.

dickytim
15-01-2008, 07:14 PM
You gone through another clutch?!

I hope not, I am actually hoping that I had overheated the clutch with all the hooning I was doing at the time, I will see in the next few weeks when I get it out again...

Otherwise I will have to take the gearbox out for a 3rd time :(

suttonp2
18-01-2008, 02:18 PM
No problem with that at all, I actually think that's a great idea.

Hi there Beastlee, if for some inexplicable reason you back out of this amazing offer, I'd give it a good home!!

Beastlee
18-01-2008, 04:08 PM
I just need to time it right with a trip back to the UK if the chance arises.