PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy Job Fell Through... So I added a SUB haha

J-Mo-15
04-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Yes well... the job offer I had going in Melbourne seems to have fallen through, for the now anyway. Will still be heading over to arrange car and house etc. But in the mean time, I had some spare cash and time so on Tuesday I went and bought a sheet of Custom Wood, ripped out the floor above the wheel well. Cut it to fit and sat a 15" sub in the back. now all it needs is some carpet and a layer on Dynamat inside and my big speaker box is complete!! Will post pictures hopefully this arvo. Also booked my Leggy in for its first service since I bought her. Hopefully my current projects wont stop it getting a WOF... Im still a bit scepticle about it...

Ok heres the pics... sorry about quality, the Mrs has the DigiCam with her up north and i dont have an SD card for my video camera to put pics onto so heres pics from my cheap phone:

This is the Sub wired and ready to go into the custom wood

This is the Sub mounted in the Custom wood. Still has to be carpeted etc. My amplified is also attached to the underside of the custom wood so now instead of two 12" sub boxes behind the back seats, i have just one sub mounted in the floor. Ideally i want to build a false floor over the top, or some sort of cover for the top of the sub, to stop it from getting damaged when i load stuff in the boot. I would have recessed it into the custom wood, but the lip of the sub is thicker, and also, it would be hitting the spare wheel if i did that!

All comments welcome!

d i c k i e s
04-01-2008, 01:30 AM
tru dat... pictures be good.

Ohh bro, forget to tell you there has been a few runs lately at the chapel. (if you know where it is) but yeah. ill let you know when the next one is.

J-Mo-15
04-01-2008, 01:35 AM
oh yep sweet, i used to run there. but i heard a while ago things were toning down a shade but yea let us know. I only have my Video Camera but ill go take a pic now.

d i c k i e s
04-01-2008, 03:01 AM
looks alright bro! i know what u mean about the carpet.
so u took the tray out and made the box? is ur spare tyre still under there?

J-Mo-15
04-01-2008, 03:44 AM
Yea bro, took out that whole thing, the Carpet flap part, then the plastic shelf thingy under that, and yep the spare wheel is still under neath. the sub doesnt touch it. looks half decent though aye. Im going to get some of that soundproof dynamat stuff and line the "box" i made. just for extra precaution. :happy:

d i c k i e s
04-01-2008, 09:49 AM
mean bro! must have a look one time.

bernmc
04-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah, bro. The l33t thing about these is that if they suck enuff powa, they make all your lights flicker in time to the beat!

It's, like, yr own disco, like.

Wikid.

J-Mo-15
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
haha, thats why i have a suitable amplifier to stop that happening! :happy: as i have had many-a-disco night drives haha party