PDA

View Full Version : Cracked front bumper

peter thomson
04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Just noticed last night I have 2 cracks on the front bumper. I went into a pothole in Aberdeen on New Year's Eve so I assume it happened then . One of the cracks is just along from the tow cover and the other higher up next to the number plate. I reckon if it had just been one crack it might be economical to repair . Question is should I just look for a replacement as a few people have mentioned that the repairs do not always last long. I'll put up a pic later for some opinions

peter thomson
04-01-2008, 04:56 PM
The bottom crack goes all the way round to the
edge

Roberto
04-01-2008, 05:03 PM
If you can get to the back of the bumper, I would have thought a good fibre glass patch would hold it all together.

Then do the repair work at the front.

Hope it works out for you.

peter thomson
11-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I thought I would ask RHD how much they would charge to supply the Dolphin Aeroform bumper as I think I already have the side skirts and rear apron. They came back with only the delivery charge which has scuppered that plan £422 Ouch.
I contacted Newera to see if they could do any better but they came back with a quote for a secondhand facelift bumper off Yahoo Japan which I had already seen. It has some cosmetic damage but they havn't stated what that is. Delivery is only £45 though so have asked them again for the correct quote from Miguel but still waiting to hear.

Kieran
11-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I thought I would ask RHD how much they would charge to supply the Dolphin Aeroform bumper as I think I already have the side skirts and rear apron. They came back with only the delivery charge which has scuppered that plan £422 Ouch.

You sure on that? RHD Japan often quote 'Delivery' to mean price of item including delivery... They have hired some Japanese assistants last time I shopped with them and their english isn't quite perfect. Good enough, but this could be were the confusion is?

peter thomson
11-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi Kieran here the text from the email

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. the bumper will run about 90,000 yen just for shipping, is that ok?

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Happy bidding!
Best Regards!

Russell Hobbs

Patrick Antell
RHDJapan
Phone: +81-3-3487-1415
Fax: +81-3-3487-1415
Mail: rhdjapan@rhdjapan.com
Web: www.rhdjapan.com

We are adding many many NEW INVENTORY items now! You can click search on the front page and click latest products to see only the new products in the site. You can even go to your car and then click latest products to see only the new products for your car! You can also search under your car to see all the things just for that make and model!

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us.

Kieran
11-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, that shoots that possibility down in flames, doesn't it! My word that's expensive freight!! They sending it on the orient express or something?!:speechles

peter thomson
11-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes certainly was a bit of a shock. I new it would be expensive but not that much. They did say I could order other parts and delivery would still be the same. I'd have to win the lottery to do that though

HMG1K
11-01-2008, 11:52 PM
How about JapanParts.com - i know it's a facelift, but they may be able to source a pre-facelift one for you...

The facelift comes in at £258 + shipping and in the colour of your choice.

Worth a try...

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=4&car=71&middle=2&small=8

peter thomson
11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
How about JapanParts.com - i know it's a facelift, but they may be able to source a pre-facelift one for you...

The facelift comes in at £258 + shipping and in the colour of your choice.

Worth a try...

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=4&car=71&middle=2&small=8

Yes thanks I had already tried them and they also quoted a hefty figure for shipping £403 . It would have to be resprayed as I have a none VR4 colour anyway