PDA

View Full Version : banks

pitslayer
04-01-2008, 05:20 PM
slightly confused here, can someone tell me why HSBC are completly useless/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr seriously not a happy bunny.
i paid £150 cash in yesterday.....it hasnt cleared and wont clear till 5pm today, its cash, cash goes in instantly... can anyone tell me how cash doesnt clear instantly? i paid it in myself over the counter. just been on the phone to them, and the guy couldnt grasp the concept, of "cash goes in instantly" i have now gone overdrawn because of them, told them i am not paying any charges either and where they can stick them if they do try and charge me.
not happy at all/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr tempted to wait for my money to go in withdraw it, so im back in my overdraft and just close the account.
useless monkeys, is there no bank out there that can just look after your money and you can use it when you need it and want it, not when they say you can/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

Paul Beazer
04-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Nope! All banks are TOSS, sorry mate.:thinking:

Physician
04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I completely sympathise with you. Banks are a law unto themselves and woe betide anyone who tries to say different.

It hasn't helped me one iota, but many, many years ago I was living overseas and a salary cheque from a foreign Company was delayed in the banking system. My, deliberately small, UK bank account (for paying mortgage and incidentals in UK) went overdrawn temporarily - I was charged horrendous fees and mortgage etc wasn't paid - the whole incident cost me £££ and ages to sort out from a distance. I pointed out that I had an offshore account with them, of which the bank manager had set up himself, but no way were they backing down ......... god, it annoys me even now thinking about it (so I understand your present annoyance).

Well, I decided to get even. I'm sorry that I can't tell you HOW ......... because my little trick is STILL working - much to my surprise. It must have been running for about 18-20 years now and costs a certain bank roughly £8 - £10 per month. Much more than they originally charged me!!!! So ........ don't get mad, get even! :scholar:

I-S
04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
The penalty fees and the fact that money takes time to move around the place is what pays for your bank account. Otherwise you end up with a situation like that in the USA where a bank account with the same services (eg chequebook, debit card, overdraft) will cost around $20 per month. With the FSA's move on the banks' penalty fees, they are warning that they will start charging monthly fees for accounts instead - which will negatively impact those who are careful enough not to incur penalties. So why should they be punished for being good with their money?

You can not close an account that is in overdraft. Why would they let you walk away owing them money?

pitslayer
04-01-2008, 08:17 PM
true. but hsbc are just a con, i was paying 12 a month to have a plus account with them. i went to cancel it, "you cant you can change your account when you have been with us a year".... told them change it or i will be cancelling my account and lodging a complaint against her. 2 minutes later i had a normal debit account. im not paying 12 quid a month which at the time sounded good, but i never used it. waste of time, and i got the money back aswell that i had payed for the account. i made a right fuss of it, when it comes to my money i dont want it to be dicked about with. i found being very loud so everyone can hear you is very good....
i moved there because barclays were a complete set of pillocks. who not only never ever sent me my debit card, im still waiting for it, lost my personal details within the bank, denied all knowledge of having them, and then i managed to put 80 quid worths of diesel and petrol in one car 20 miles away within minutes of each other.... and i really kicked up stink about that.
actually thinking about my words were very loud, and they were very busy at the time went like this
"remember when i came in and you photocopied my personal details, then 2 weeks later flat out denied it to my face that you personally had, and then lost the details within this bank.....well it seems ive had some fraudulent transactions happen on my account....ever since i came in here and you personally lost all my details"
the bank soon emptied, and i believe she lost her job.

i dont like being messed about when it comes to my money. i actually hope i get massively overdrawn on my account, so they can pay it off themselves, they have said i wont be getting charged any fees.

Little Miss Road Rage
04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I hate banks robbing b@ggers

Kieran
04-01-2008, 09:09 PM
i actually hope i get massively overdrawn on my account, so they can pay it off themselves, they have said i wont be getting charged any fees.

Credit rating?!/pan

Johnny_Cashed
04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
In my local branch of HSBC, if you put the money into the bank by 2:30pm, it's in your account to withdraw by the next morning, IE before direct debits come out. I think this is fair enough - you generally have some idea of when withdrawals are going to happen and can plan a bit in advance. Yes it's a pain if you work during the week like I do, and can only get into a bank on the weekend.

thecustomer
04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
oh yeah, I agree, banks are a pain to deal with... I've a parachute account with Citibank for when HBOS pays me my penalty fee compensation - and I have to say that so far Citi have been human...

t...2 minutes later i had a normal debit account. .
Yeah, you see, that'll go down as 'good customer service' by HSBC - and you could argue that they're right: they did what you asked, even if you wish they'd done it without having to complain.

Will

Paul Beazer
04-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes it's a pain if you work during the week like I do, and can only get into a bank on the weekend.
Yeah its a real real PITA, my local Lloyds TSB isnt open on sat mornings even so i have to make a round trip of 12 miles to the nearest open one. Stupid stupid stupid.

SGHOM
04-01-2008, 10:02 PM
A few months ago I cancelled ALL my payments from the bank [ abbey] so........ money in the account & nothing going out, so no bank charges ..right ?? :thinking:

wanna bet !! /Grrr /Grrr

pitslayer
04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Credit rating?!/pan
its already been ruined by hsbc themselves /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr they took 12 quid out of my account, which made me overdrawn, then charged me on that, paid it back in and they charged me again. ive got a savings account with a local bank, i go in pay them my money, 30 seconds later i can take it back out if i wish...its not hard, it really isnt /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr
ive never ever gone overdrawn once, untill hsbc got involved. what annoys me even more, is they keep offering me a bigger overdraft, just so they can screw you over that tiny bit more

thecustomer- i shouldnt have to complain, to get something im paying for changed. it should be done, when i ask, when i want. what they need to understand is that its my money, not theres/Grrr

pitslayer
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
just checked my balance......102.87D........my ******* money hasnt gone through

Johnny_Cashed
04-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Credit rating?!/pan

Can't really believe that going overdrawn will ruin your credit rating, I always thought that what banks wanted to see were people who payed back any charges, took loans, had credit cards, as they're more likely to earn some cash from them than people who never borrow money?

Kieran
04-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Going overdrawn won't, but closing the account and not settling the debt would.

pitslayer
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
lodged a formal complaint against the branch. it just took the piss to be fair, its gone in. and none of my transactions i made yesterday have registered or gone through....should of took 80 odd quid lol