PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N95..... my review

SGHOM
04-01-2008, 10:35 PM
The biggest load off poo poo I've ever had the misfortune to own. /Grrr /pan /pan

Great camera... great video... but probably the most un-user friendly phone I've ever had.
for example; to search a contact... search, select, ok? yes, select, open ? yes, ok, select. WTF !! /Grrr
enter name............. M .. ok? select.. yes.. M selected; Adrian/mobile..Anita mobile.../andy/mobile. THATS NOT FECKING M !! /pan /pan

OK.. after M comes N.. right ?? nope. :speechles you have to exit M, & start all over again with N /pan

My sony is so much easier to use... I'm considering going back to it & retiring the Nokia to the cupboard. :inquisiti And before you jump down my throat saying SGHOM..... I'm right, the Nokia is a pain in the butt to use compared to a sony. :happy:

Nutter_John
04-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I went from a nokia to a sony , nokia used to be great but not anymore

HMG1K
04-01-2008, 11:06 PM
That's why they've brought out the update to the N95 - apparently batterly life is pants on them too...

I held out for 7 years and got a new Nokia last summer - the 8800 Scirocco... biggest poo phone ever if you are a bloke! Keys angled ever so slightly up and at a slant meaning it is virtually impossible to text with man fingers...

I had it a month and gave it back as I had this billion-a-month texts package yet wouldn't text as it was so hard...

Swapped it for the Nokia Luna - nicer but not as swish looking

Ryan
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I went from a nokia to a sony , nokia used to be great but not anymore

I did the same thing, it took me a while to get used to the menu system but I am of the feeling that Sony make good phones too.

kiteman
04-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Same phone as SGHOM, a absolute pain in the rocks. Accidently left on the roof of my vr4 at last track day in dec., it was'nt noticed by the marshal at pit exit and first corner it overtook me. It bounced, got run over numerous times and was retrieved in a battered + scrapped condition by a marshal. I got it back in pieces and reassembled it and it worked, It still works. how can a piece of s**t like that be indestructable

SGHOM
04-01-2008, 11:28 PM
T9.. predictive text. absolutly friggin' useless on the N95. /pan /pan
If you spell a word incorrectly, T9 kicks in. with a sony you just have to change the last letter, with Nokia... you have to re write the whole bloody word again !! /Grrr

Gly
04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
im look at getting a new phone in 3-4 months time,
had my samsung sgh-e720 for 3-4 years now? (starting to play up a wee bit now)
been a good fone for me, had a **** load of nokias before it thou, all good,

havent been keeping up with fone tech in ages now....
what would you guys recommend??

i will be buying from http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/search.php?main_category=Mobile+Phones

as its cheaper :) so limited to what they stock, not wanting to spend a fortune either, 500$ or there abouts,

any sujestions?

kiteman
04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Same phone as SGHOM, a absolute pain in the rocks. Accidently left on the roof of my vr4 at last track day in dec., it was'nt noticed by the marshal at pit exit and first corner it overtook me. It bounced, got run over numerous times and was retrieved in a battered + scrapped condition by a marshal. I got it back in pieces and reassembled it and it worked, It still works. how can a piece of s**t like that be indestructable

Spirit
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Blackberry all the way for me.......love it......either the 8100 or 8120

ianturbo
05-01-2008, 12:53 AM
i got a samsung e840 , crap touch screen thing ! you are on phone and you move your head you hang up , my other half spent ages updateing her car insurance five calls later it was sorted ,after going through her details five times !
ian

pitslayer
05-01-2008, 01:21 AM
i have been saying they were crap for months cant wait to throw mind at a wall

Subaru ETA
05-01-2008, 03:56 AM
carsten - buy a sony ericsson.

i used to own nokias but now they are crap!

DONT BUY A MOTOROLA!!!! i got one free with my contract and ended up getting so f'd off with it (after the 5? time i sent it away for repair) i threw it across the work shop in a fit of rage and that was the end of that!

the sony phones are bloody good (owned 3 of them now) and never had a prob with them, plus they are easy to use!

Fully
05-01-2008, 04:34 AM
sony ericsson all they way.

I got a new one last year I'm back to the sony, it just kicks arse.
Its all the small features like new phone has no %, yer well so whats the big deal people say. hummm I use % all the time for grades on roads footpaths..etc
I dont like going /100 * by your % of angle, what a pain in the butt.

Or working out cubic meters, new phone can only handle 2 inputs.

Its the small things that piss you off, only good feature the new phone has it takes good pictures and can assign them to your contact names. whippdy dooo.

d i c k i e s
05-01-2008, 07:11 AM
im a sony freak anyway. so ive neva owned any either to comment about nokia. thinkin of what to get after this one (i have sony v800 i think?) buttons are starting to krap out. have to press hard on the button for it to work. other than that its all good.

all my goodies i own are sony brand except for the stuff in da car. but that will change eventually.

Ryan
05-01-2008, 07:33 AM
carsten - buy a sony ericsson.

DONT BUY A MOTOROLA!!!!

Could not agree more. Motorola is the devil - my V3RAZR ended being volleyed across my yard as I was sick to fcuking death of the "quick tap" predictive text which is worse than useless.

The Yanks should stick to building cruise missiles and helicopter gunships and leave the phones to someone else.

Physician
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I must have been fortunate .......

The first mobile I bought was a Bluetooth Sony Ericsson a few years back .......... and I still have the same phone which hasn't ever let me down so will probably stick with it - although it looks somewhat dated in comparison to all the pretty ones out there. (I use a Mobile as a 'phone ........ don't need all the add-on's, cameras, MP3 players etc) :happy:

Danj
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Really cant beat a Sony Ericsson!
Ive had them for years and never had any problems. Had pretty much all of the P series phones - have the P990i at the moment - Nokia should go back to what they do best - building cheap toot that can be worked by my blind nan and lasts forever!

pitslayer
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
my last sony ericsons were the T610i-threw that at a wall. then i had the really expensive p910i....that i also threw at a wall, after it decided to just turn its self on and off constantly for the last 20 minutes of its life. tryed the new p1, crashed after a few minutes of use.
N95 i hate, i cant wait for teh day i can throw it at a wall, i really cant. id rather throw it at the wall than make money by selling it on ebay.

Roberto
05-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Have to say I am a Sony nutjob aswell ( TV, Cinema system, last 5 car stereo systems, MP3 player, camera, camcorder and more ) , but not when it comes to phones.

As said Motorola is a total no go area.

But have now got the Nokia N91, liked it when I got it, love the MP3 player when working, need some sounds, and battery life is great.
But then it started going real slow.

So over the Christmas I reformatted the hard drive and reset back to factory with some new softwear.
Now its better than ever, was thinking of changing, but not now, more than happy.

Used change car at least every year, buy a VR4, kept for 3 years and not looking to change yet.
Same for phones, now 18 months with the N91, and not looking for a change either.

I need to change something..............emm girlfriend......maybe not......for now....

MGV6
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Nokia still the best in my view. The S60 based phones rocks!

I used to own Sony Ericsson phones before, horrible! Good features but like with most other SE phones, the internal antennas are crap hence poor reception (regardless of which network you are on) add to that the bloated battery life claims made by SE continuously.

Would never touch SE phones with a bargain phone. I like Motorola phones, not bad but don't like the user interface though.

timiano
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Wouldn't have anything but a Windows Mobile phone these days connected to a hosted Exchange service.

caishanvr4
05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Nokia everytime for me. I have an n80 which likes to switch itself off every so often but having said that it tougher than any other phone ive had.

stu1888
06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
got the n95 anf think its crap even had to fight with t.mobile to get the thing to ....what a waste.................

had the sony ericson, fact still have it really tempted to used it still nokia camera great but every other thing is just useless

oh and motorolla,,, worked for them debuggin phones and have never had one of there phones what does that tell u?????

SGHOM
06-01-2008, 01:05 PM
The more I use it, the more I hate it /Grrr
for example... on any other phone, when the screen goes blank, ie not pressing a key for a while, the buttons become inactive. press any one & the screen comes back.
Not with this bloody thing !! /pan press the wrong one & it deletes your message !

Also, I was on spell checker & I still managed to spell someones name wrong :thinking: so I pressed 'C' [cancel or clear ] & It sent the friggin' message !! /pan /pan

caishanvr4
06-01-2008, 02:06 PM
SGHOM
Before you put it in the classifieds let me put in an offer of £20
That will get you a couple of cans. :pimp2: