PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Oil and Water plumbing

mpau009
05-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Okay, so i didnt take as much care removing the turbos as i thought, and i have confused myself a bit...:thinking:

Mainly about which way the coolant travels. On the rear of the block, the rear turbo has a banjo fitting straight onto the block, next to the oil drain, which i assume is the coolant feed for the rear?

The confusing bit, is that there are three pipes coming off the main piece where the radiator hoses fit on, as shown with arrows. Im guessing that the two pointing in different directions are the returns, before it goes to the radiator, and the second outlet on the front is the feed for the front turbo? or have i got it back to front?

The plan at this stage is to tap a thread into the pipe that isnt needed, and seal a bolt in there to block it off.

Also, Iv decided that using the rear turbo oil feed right in under the water pump bit will be best for where the td05 will sit, and i am 99% sure the plug in the pic next to the oil filter is the front feed, which i will block, but can someone confirm that please?