PDA

View Full Version : headunit change

jettzypher
05-01-2008, 07:56 AM
as you can tell, im new...and ive got some questions. currently, my car has that obscene dual single dinn nav unit/cd changer thingy from pioneer. i think mine may have been done aftermarket however. i got the dash and apart and the headunit removed, but theres a disaster of wires that ran to the lower deck (the one with the cassette desk in it) and a few smaller ones that went to the upper unit.

the question...are all these wires part of the many components that comprise this conundrum of a headunit, and completely worthless and removable?

if a picture if required so everyone can see what i see, let me know and ill go snap one. Thanks.

Subaru ETA
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
a pic would be helpful bro

jettzypher
05-01-2008, 09:38 AM
ill get one tomorrow...too dark now.

as a side note, i made some head way. i somehow managed to figure out how the power leads were ran. after splicing and hooking into the jumbled mess, i obtained power. but now i have sound issues. theres wires that come up that are marked for what speaker they belong, yet when i touch tires to the new units leads, i get nothing. but it also wont respond to my attempts at touching em to the stock harness.

..if any of that made sense...ive called it a day, cold and dark. ill attempt stage two tomorrow.

jettzypher
06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
well. i figured everything out and got it in and working. anyone know where i can get something to fill in the gap from the 2nd unit thats not there anymore? =P

Nick Mann
06-01-2008, 12:03 PM
The system you have I think must be MMCS. Other than saying try a site search or even maybe a google search for MMCS I can't offer much more help. Good luck!

Roberto
06-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I had a similar problem, but I would say it was not the MMCS that you had, just a double din unit.

If you go to a Mitsu dealer you can get a single din pocket, not the nicest thing in the world, but in my case it nicely houses my MP3 player.