PDA

View Full Version : Advice kindly required on suspension/springs

Zaid
07-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Once again am here asking for some advice... this time its to do with my V6 Elegance. Ever since I bought this car some 6 months ago, I have been complaining about the comfortness. My previous GLX, which I regretably sold a couple of months ago, drove like a dream, no road noises and very smooth suspension; they must have a different setup?.
Anyway straight to the point, on my V6 am not sure if its the suspesnions I should change or the springs? every time I am on a bump I could really feel it, its more like driving an MG sometimes :P, also when driving over speed ramps at reasonable speed, I could feel the front tires as if they are dropping down... road noise is also a problem although I changed the front tires, I guess this one I will have to live with... any advice on what might be the problem, suspension, springs or anything else is really appreciated... many thanks

Kieran
07-01-2008, 01:33 AM
The later V6 Sport/Elegance suspension is known for being fidgety to the point that it makes the car feel 'skittish'. Before my V6 Sport I had a GLS and that had a very smooth ride. My V6 sport felt quite nasty tempered in comparrison on standard springs, it seemed that in trying to firm up the suspension, Mitsubishi fell into the trap of making the car crash and thump over bumps and yet still roll and boat around corners.

Solution is new shocks & springs....

Have a read of this thread, there are others like it if you search.:scholar:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4758&highlight=eibach

ritch_w
07-01-2008, 09:27 AM
eibach springs are your answer!!!

also another option may be V6-24 suspension (i found my 2001 V6-24 suspension to be lower and more comfortable than the V6 sport) but you could end upwith tired secondhand suspension setup

Zaid
08-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Many thanks all, it seems that I will be going for Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks... :)

MarkSanne
09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I have a V6 Elegance as well (converted with an VR4 engine) and mine has a coilover set from AST (dutch brand) with firmness/comfort adjustments and height adjustment. But even set to the most 'comfy' level is still is very firm and to be honest; I never drive on the circuit and cornering I don't do too fast as well... and ever since we have a billion speedbumps here in Holland, I'm getting pretty tired of this setup.

Anyone got a good idea of how I should change the suspension? Or are those Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks the answer for me too?

Thanks!