PDA

View Full Version : Changing bulbs

valleyforge1
08-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Have we got any information on changing bulbs on the 'sport'

1. Little bulb in the housing over the number plate.

2. Brake bulb.

3. The side light bulb under the headlight. Passenger side

Cheers. The valley

I-S
08-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Can't help you with rear bulbs on a saloon...

But just to cheer you up, the sidelights are a bastard. Remove the rubber boot around the base of the dip beam bulb. It's also easier if you remove the dip beam bulb itself (if you're proficient with the clip). Then you have to get a very strong grip on the brass housing that holds the sidelight bulb, and squeeze the two sides inwards, and it will (eventually) unclip. Usually involves pliers and lots of swearing.

n13l pm
08-01-2008, 02:10 PM
1. You need to unscrew two screws on each side of each number plate light and then its a matter of slide and unclip the unit off.

2. To my knowledge you have to remover the rear light by getting to and undoing the four bolts on the back.

3. This is a mission one, only because the lack of space. As Isaac said, squeezing these two clips will take out the blub. Personally I take out the battery so that you can get you hand.

HMG1K
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=n13l pm]2. To my knowledge you have to remove the rear light by getting to and undoing the four bolts on the back.

That's right - but first you have to remove about 3 plastic turn-screws on the trim inside the boot to get that off first, then the four bolts that n13lpm says.

My experience was to then finally tap and unit from behind on the bolts while wobbling it from the front... Tip! Stand infront of the rear light unit as you do this, so your body stops it from popping out, and falling down on the bodywork, dangled by the lights that are still connected to the rear of the unit.

Looking at about 10 minutes each side to remove and replace the unit.

g6acb
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
[quote=n13l pm]by getting to and undoing the four bolts on the back.

Good description there..... but its only 3 bolts :scholar:

valleyforge1
08-01-2008, 11:41 PM
1. SIDELIGHT BULB. /Grrr Quiet right abit tricky but got there.

2. bRAKE LIGHT BULB. I see what you mean about takin the housing off for the brake bulb
no problem. ???????? Never had to do that on a car before though.

3. NUMBER PLATE BULB. Job for tomorrow

I suppose it does help if you look in the hand book.

Cheers once again. The Forge:happy:

valleyforge1
10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Sorted all done. One less job