PDA

View Full Version : thought it was a bit too good to be true...

rees
08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
after 6hrs separating my lights removing the orange lenses and installing the famous pilot HID kit that has been recommended (seen on spirits car etc)on this site loads
i test them to see the F***ing w**ker has sold me different colour temperatures !! so one is a different colour to the other :shout:

what fukin good is 2 different colour temperatured lamps to anyone?!/Grrr

to say that im spitting at the moment is an understatement

"rice rocket uk" can stand by tomorrow morning

Nick Mann
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
:( /grr

TAR
08-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Sounds to me like you are glowing hotter than the bulbs!!

Give em hell! /pan /pan

Fully
08-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Bugger buck!

How do you get on with a MOT with the pattern of the light?
Is there any requirments that needs to be meet?

Because in NZ they need reflectors to pass a WOF. Shame really other wise I would have them installed.

Spirit
08-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Thats a pain in the a** Rees - that guy has a great reputation to....maybe a manufacturing error........let's see what he says.

rees
08-01-2008, 08:21 PM
ok ok so maybe i shot my mouth off a bit /Hyper but
what can i say am a passionate soul:smartass2

after a heated email ...and then a second with the temperature turned down a bit lol " wooo saaar......wooo saaar "

he's agreed to mail me a single bulb that i need free of charge /woot

so fair play to him and im glad he's giving a gesture of goodwill
as i really felt like id been "fleabayed"

the full email exchange went something like .....

(in reverse order obviuosly lol )

excellent

thanks allot and
sorry once again for my initial attitude but please try and understand my demoralisation when it came to show time and it all went pair-shaped

i'd heard about your reputation from clubvr4.com which is what persuaded me to buy from you and ill see to it that u are recommended on the site and to my friends
also all going well i may be tempted to buy a h1 6000k main beam kit too if you have one ?
i think ill have to wait till next payday for that tho

thanks again david

rees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Zapped! - K
Subject: RE: pilot hid kit
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:54:31 +0000

Hello Rees
ok no problem, i do appreciate your apology, i sell a lot of these kits, im not sure if you know of my reputation but it is good trust me, i would not knowingly send you a 2nd hand kit and fully honour a 12 month warranty on them. i will send you a replacement bulb foc, dont worry about returning the other one as I dont do blue ones any more and dont have a matching bulb anyway. im sure i have one kit left i can take a bulb from, i will send tomorrow morning for you special delivery as a gesture of goodwill
if I have any problems I will let you know

regards

David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:47:41 +0000

firstly david i would invite you to spend about 6hrs ( from about 9am this morning to 5 ish)
working on installing these kits with the sceptical feeling that they've probably been broken in transit to find out that they actually do work , but the seller has given you odd ones - tell me how you'd feel after that? pretty demoralised ?

the kits have marker pen on them saying "6000k" H7

i was already annoyed in the first place as i was quite sure that the kit was 2nd hand but carried on rather than whinging like allot of customers do .

now that I've finally calmed down from the initial annoyance ;

please accept my apology regarding the previous email

now
can i suggest to remedy this problem, that you please send just the one 6000k H7 bulb fitting ( no need for ballast just bulb and wires )

as soon as i receive this i will send back the blue bulb that i don't want protected and in recorded delivery .

i think this is the fairest method as i cant go back to halogen as they wont fit (due customising the headlamp
-as per the supplied instructions) and it would be illegal for me to drive with only one light

please reply soon and
thankyou for your patience

rees

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:22:31 +0000

Hello Mr. Rees

im sorry you have had this problem, please note im not taking the piss out of anyone, I do not mark the kits up as they are marked at the factory, i am not a manufacturer just an honest wholesaler, i do not test these kits before they leave me. How you can say that you would be less annoyed if one didnt work instead of the fact that one that is incorrectly marked is beside me to be honest, since it is just someone at the factory who as accidentally marked it up, not deliberately. Personally a simple email or phonecall would have sufficed up on which I would have sent you a replacement bulb rather than the email you have sent, you dont always get the best out of people I think.
I have made a note and will send a replacement bulb if that is what you want me to do

I will await your reply

David

Subject: pilot hid kit
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:07:05 +0000

where do you get off selling odd coloured HID kits to people?

after 6hrs separating my lights removing the old lights and installing the HID kit you sold
i turn them on to find that only one of them is white the other one is blue
i would've been less pissed off if one of them didn't work as it could be understandable.
But the fact that they're different colours when u've marked them up as both being 6000k ,
shows that you're taking the piss out of me

now i want to know what you are gonna do about this and i expect your reply on the imminent because if you don't do something fast ,

i will.

Nick VR4
08-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Glad you got it sorted :)

rees
08-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Thats a pain in the a** Rees - that guy has a great reputation to....maybe a manufacturing error........let's see what he says.

good to hear from you by the way pete , was a bit worried there was some bad air between us :oops:

please again accept my apologies to your wife for the upset

they eventually coughed up about 8k ish but it still took a good 4 weeks long after you so i ended up buying off brunty
drives fine and im happy a few niggling little things but galants are a labour of love anyways:iloveyou:
by the by where did u get ur hks sqv as i tried to get one off ebay but they cant source one in usa so they're lookin for one for me just wondered where u got yours ?

Spirit
08-01-2008, 08:30 PM
You can always send me the blue one as a spare if you like mate :happy:

Got our SSQV a few years back mate when they made a VR4 specific one

Glad you got things sorted in the end mate......and no bad air mate.......sh1t happens in life

rees
08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Bugger buck!

How do you get on with a MOT with the pattern of the light?
Is there any requirments that needs to be meet?

Because in NZ they need reflectors to pass a WOF. Shame really other wise I would have them installed.

yeah ur probbaly right but thats 11 months away so ill worry about that and my decat then :afro:

rees
08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
You can always send me the blue one as a spare if you like mate :happy:

Got our SSQV a few years back mate.

Glad you got things sorted in the end mate......and no bad air mate.......sh1t happens in life

indeed i could - let me get my white one first then pm me and ill hook a brother up:afro:

Spirit
08-01-2008, 08:35 PM
indeed i could - let me get my white one first then pm me and ill hook a brother up:afro:

Cheers bud.......when it arrives let me know how much you want for it and can sort it out :happy:

rees
08-01-2008, 08:49 PM
now why would ya put that pick up there like that!?
you know how sore a subject that gorgeous mutated beast is to me
:sick:

still got them pics on my mobile lol

but on a serious point , you lights look like the same colour as my unwanted bulb so as soon as im fixed up, hit me with your address and ill send it off to ya free of charge , after all i wont need it and rumour has it its the least i can do
so ne drama pal :thumbsup:

Ryan
08-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Might wanna edit out your email address so some spammers don't get hold it it ;)

Paul Beazer
08-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I have to say rees i wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of you!

Those e-mails were pretty harsh, still you got a result.

Kieran
08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Might wanna edit out your email address so some spammers don't get hold it it ;)

Good idea - 1 sec.:scholar:

Glad you're sorted. Rice Rocket is an honourable seller, as you can see.:scholar: Have to agree with Paul though, your annoyance is understandable but the initial mails were a tad vitriolic!

Spirit
08-01-2008, 10:15 PM
hit me with your address and ill send it off to ya free of charge

Cheers mate :iloveyou: will PM you

rees
09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Good idea - 1 sec.:scholar:

Glad you're sorted. Rice Rocket is an honourable seller, as you can see.:scholar: Have to agree with Paul though, your annoyance is understandable but the initial mails were a tad vitriolic!

yes true they were itw as just that my pc was right next to me and was my only vent im glad i didnt ring him whilst in that mood iwas gonna go staright don to london where he's based - it just seemed obvious to me that it was some kind of ebay scam as im sure we all aware are out there - it just felt so deliberate and insulting at the time - which was what made it personal

but anyway hes sent the bulb off today special delivery so i might just get the main beams done with him as well half to show appreciation, half to make all drivers away that a vr4 is approaching:evil2: