PDA

View Full Version : So hows your driving?

miller
08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
As seen last night on BBC1 ''Road Rage''

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com

Thankfully none of my cars past or present popped up when doing the reg search.

Not sure if i agree or disagree with this site, seem a lot of moaning minnies and Victor meldrew's

Mike

Fully
08-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Number plates printed as [V__4DYL], with the '4' made to look like an 'A'.

Thats pretty lame to moan about that. Another lame one was head light out please inform them :/

Beastlee
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
It was another program that reminds me of how much I despise the UK.

After being in Belgium last week and today I can't believe that pro cyclist moved there. The roads are the worst in Europeand the driver's aren't much better. In Belgium you are allowed to drink and drive but they have strong fines for speeding.

In Germany cyclists have dedicated lanes everywhere. They have their own part o fthe traffic lights and have the same priority as cars travelling in the same direction, so if you turn across a cycle lane you must check nobody is using it first (this also applies to pedestrian crossings). Traffic lights never stop all the traffic to allow pedestrians to cross which keeps traffic flowing and promotes driver attention to junctions.

I hate bad drivers and I agree with this site, although some of it seemed a little OTT. I definitely agreed that there are too many bad and deliberately dangerous drivers on the road because the chances of getting caught doing anything more than speeding is almost nil, so drivers flout the rules.

stuartturbo
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Thats pretty lame to moan about that. Another lame one was head light out please inform them :/

how this then the british weather is not renowned for it quality
On the A2 driving home 1 in 10 cars had some form of head light or tail light out/Grrr

Kieran
08-01-2008, 10:02 PM
What a petulant site.

My concern with something like that is that it could be used as 'Revenge' if a driver unwittingly makes a mistake that another interprets as agressive driving. Or even worse what about reports such as "This driver pulled out in front of me and caused me to crash!!"..... Conveniently ignoring that the 'Victim' was doing 50 in a 30..../Grrr

stevec205gti
09-01-2008, 01:26 PM
It was another program that reminds me of how much I despise the UK.

After being in Belgium last week and today I can't believe that pro cyclist moved there. The roads are the worst in Europeand the driver's aren't much better. In Belgium you are allowed to drink and drive but they have strong fines for speeding.

In Germany cyclists have dedicated lanes everywhere. They have their own part o fthe traffic lights and have the same priority as cars travelling in the same direction, so if you turn across a cycle lane you must check nobody is using it first (this also applies to pedestrian crossings). Traffic lights never stop all the traffic to allow pedestrians to cross which keeps traffic flowing and promotes driver attention to junctions.

I'm pretty certain she didn't just move there because of the traffic - my understanding of the domestic race scene is it's much better there than here. Though as to how the driver in the cement mixer got cleared i don't know - i'm pretty certain if you overtake a cyclist, then want to turn left right infront of where you just passed them you must have a reasonble idea there's a cyclist about /pan

Turbo_Steve
09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
LMFAO! Wow.

And I'm not on there, which I should be.....

Little Miss Road Rage
09-01-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not on there either

miller
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
ha ha ha first thing i checked was all my registrations of my last three cars!! Thankfully none showed up as im a CONSIDERATE driver

Now get outta my way ya piece of crap eurobox /pan :happy:

miller
23-03-2009, 12:08 PM
OMG just browsing back through this site for a laugh!

Hope this isnt anyone on here!

Type in WR51 ZNB in the search

Ryan
23-03-2009, 10:58 PM
In Belgium you are allowed to drink and drive but they have strong fines for speeding.

I'm not sure where you heard that Lee but it is not true. The The blood/alcohol limit in Belgium is 0.5 grams of alcohol per litre of blood.