PDA

View Full Version : Club Event?

rayray24
10-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Are we going to do anything like what the UK members are doing?

There must be some sort of event/s that we can attend as a club.

2hot2handle springs to mind.

Or should i just keep an eye out on MMC?

d i c k i e s
10-01-2008, 09:32 AM
been thinkin the same too bro.
wouldnt mind, turning up to one. Havent been to any events in awhile. No autosalon for us in wellington this year either.

Spirit
10-01-2008, 06:47 PM
About time you guys had a trackday too :happy:

/rally

rayray24
10-01-2008, 10:27 PM
About time you guys had a trackday too :happy:

/rally

Or that. I just wanted a simple stand for us to display our cars and get the club name out there. But a track day would be awesome.

Who's in charge of this in NZ?

Fully
11-01-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm going to the track today. Go Timaru

ANTHONY
11-01-2008, 12:36 AM
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj216/tony-vr4/th_cars021.jpghttp://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj216/tony-vr4/th_cars010.jpg
you need a nice beer tent and some flags

Goku
11-01-2008, 12:51 AM
yea, but he's only takin the race car down there :P

VR4 MAD
11-01-2008, 12:52 AM
............ No autosalon for us in wellington this year either.
Oh sh#t, didn't know that. Not that I'm surprised to tell the truth, the last one didn't seem that well supported...........bugger. /Grrr

........... But a track day would be awesome.

Who's in charge of this in NZ?.

This has been suggested many times but has never come to anything which is a real shame. /pan /pan

Taupo has always been my suggestion as it's mid-island so we'd all need to travel and could group book some cheapish accommodation maybe.

It's a reasonably challenging track etc etc...........

Could even have an Aucks verse the rest challenge maybe............:pimp2: /boxing :helmet: :bananadan :rolleyes3 /Steeringw /catfight he he.............. We could even teach these Auckland motorway drivers how to corner.............../whip

(runs and hides in the corner................)

Just my 2cents worth.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
11-01-2008, 12:56 AM
sounds good! auckland can go first round the track.. some crazy drivers up dea.

VR4 MAD
11-01-2008, 12:59 AM
sounds good! auckland can go first round the track.. some crazy drivers up dea.
It's all that time they spend sitting going nowhere in traffic jams, as soon as the traffic starts to move they all go crazy.............../pan

/toycar

d i c k i e s
11-01-2008, 01:42 AM
hahaha... no cops to pull you over. so at least they will be happy.

bradc
11-01-2008, 04:55 AM
sounds like fun and I would be keen, it's just a matter of organising it and getting deposits in

Subaru ETA
11-01-2008, 06:07 AM
i have actually sent an email to pukekohe raceway trying to sort somthing out. still awaiting a reply. problem is tho that you have to book a few months in advance and as we have found in the past for cruises, people say they can come but then cannot. so it would be acase of getting enough people to front up with the $$ to get it off the ground

rayray24
11-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Track day sounds good but i will need new brakes and tyres first .What about other events that we can just sit and chill for the day, any drags coming up soon? If we go as a group then one person/s can be with the cars at all times so no dodgys can steal s**t and just take turns.

Gly
11-01-2008, 09:11 AM
well having the track rented just for us is just to costly IMO,

we would be better off going to a controlled testing day,
its only 90$ and you dont need to prebook,

only issue is we would be sharing the track with others that show on the day

http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/motor-racing/13/

Controlled Testing Day

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

DATES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Testing from 10.30am to 4.30pm (unless advised otherwise)

$90 per vehicle (Cash or Cheque with I.D.)

Driver and passenger mush have a Helmet/Bike riders must have Full Leathers

Passengers not secured in a race harness will not be permitted onto the circuit

Parental Consent is required for persons under the age of 15 to allow admittance onto the PP Circuit

NB: That no vehicle or machine may exceed a noise level of 95dBA at any time either on the circuit or grounds of Pukekohe Park. Offending vehicles maybe excluded immediately.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have not driven on the Pukekohe Circuit previously, you will be required to attend a briefing prior to going onto the circuit. Please make yourself known to the Circuit Manager, Gary Devon.

Driver Hire Agreement Form (http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/assets//Driver%20Hire%20Agreement.doc)

bradc
11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
95dba...hmmmm :D

d i c k i e s
11-01-2008, 10:25 AM
what about a straight? im just keen on the 1/4 mile runs etc.. (see who has the quickest... VR i mean time) and just having a stand etc etc. like ryan has suggested.

CANDEE
11-01-2008, 10:56 AM
We should do a run to Masterton when the drags are on :P

Subaru ETA
13-01-2008, 02:49 AM
carsten - i have also enquired about test days aswell. as in what is needed by us

leepft
13-01-2008, 07:00 AM
i would be real keen for a track day aye

Gly
13-01-2008, 07:04 AM
yep im up for the track day. im pretty good for any weekend?

need to sort a set of new tyres in the next month or so.

either that or some track wheels/tyres

Subaru ETA
13-01-2008, 07:08 AM
sweet well everyone is on holiday so still havent got a reply. would anyone be keen on contacting taupo?

pungatree1
13-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I could see what I could do as i know a couple of the guys and its only around the corner.