PDA

View Full Version : Speakers Rattling

2gnscib
10-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Righto so when I got my car, it had a JVC head unit in it. Nice one, fits snug under the MMCS.
But I don't believe the previous owner changed the speakers over from factory ones. When even a little bass is played the speakers have an eppy and rattle about (Front door speakers). They aren't loose or anything, it sounds like they just can't handle the sound.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and besides buying new speakers (which I do plan to do sometime) is there a quick fix.

2gnscib
10-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I found this amazing function called 'search" so don't worry, found my answer.

Nutter_John
10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
wow this site has a search option , never knew that :p

Nice one glad you used the self help route :D

Nick Mann
10-01-2008, 02:48 PM
:thumbsup:

Whilst you have the door cards off, pack the clips with a bit of cardboard to help them fit snugly everywhere. (You may have already found this on your search - but just trying to help!)

J-Mo-15
10-01-2008, 11:24 PM
alternatively, if your willing to spend come cash, you can buy that Dynamat stuff, its done wonders for my car, they also claim there is less sound distortion and more dB etc. so yeah, thats an option.

2gnscib
11-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Getting new ones put in is going to be my next project for the car. Going to replace the plastic outer with MDF. From what I gather from reading a few threads this seems to be the way to go.

Nice But
14-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Instead of using Dynamat at it's rediculous price, use builders flashband, does the same thing and costs about £6 for a roll that will do 2 doors.

I got some refurbed Fli 6.5's offov fleabay for £20 delivered for my MX5......... Mmmmmm sound lush with my Kenwood head unit.

Cheap and cheerful deadening....... I did the outer skin and behind the door card.:happy:

J-Mo-15
15-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Instead of using Dynamat at it's rediculous price, use builders flashband, does the same thing and costs about £6 for a roll that will do 2 doors.

I got some refurbed Fli 6.5's offov fleabay for £20 delivered for my MX5......... Mmmmmm sound lush with my Kenwood head unit.

Cheap and cheerful deadening....... I did the outer skin and behind the door card.:happy:

haha good point.