PDA

View Full Version : hks ssq bov

Dirk1981
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
hello
i have this blow off valve hks ssq bov givs some picturs from the installed bov in the legnum vr4
thanks dirk

Nick Mann
10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry Dirk - not sure I know what you want?

You can mount the SSQV anywhere you want with the right bits of pipe, but it's normal to stick it in the same place as the standard re-circ, but to blank off the re-circ section.

rees
11-01-2008, 07:06 PM
wheres the best place to get a hks sqv ?

AncientOfMu
11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Rees

try www.supergt.com.hk, ask for Billy. he can get you a genuine HKS for not much more than 150, you may end up paying duty when it gets here but he will mark its value accordingly if ya know what i mean. Tell him Don sent ya.

Cheers

p.s. the website is slow as a slow thing but the service is very good.

peter thomson
11-01-2008, 09:47 PM
I've looked at there site as well but wasn't to keen in sending a copy of my credit card. Were you happy to do this or did you use a different type of payment

Rees

try www.supergt.com.hk, ask for Billy. he can get you a genuine HKS for not much more than 150, you may end up paying duty when it gets here but he will mark its value accordingly if ya know what i mean. Tell him Don sent ya.

Cheers

AncientOfMu
11-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I've looked at there site as well but wasn't to keen in sending a copy of my credit card. Were you happy to do this or did you use a different type of payment

I paid by bank transfer. Ive purchased an SSQV, ganador aero mirrors and two carbon bonnets from them and I couldnt recommend them highly enough. Especially for the smaller stuff.

peter thomson
11-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks that's good to know.

Louis
11-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I think he's got one and is looking for a picture of one installed in a VR4 ?

miller
11-01-2008, 10:27 PM
are dump valves really that expensive, apart from the noise surely there is no power gain from them?

sorry thread hijacked slightly

Nick Mann
11-01-2008, 11:32 PM
The standard bov can be a little bit leaky. So a better one can give slightly more pressure, or slightly quicker pressure rise, or something similar. Not a big difference. But they also go

WOOOOSSHH!! /yes

rees
13-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Rees

Cheers

cheers don btw have you found a good owner for your car yet ?

Goku
13-01-2008, 10:18 PM
hello
i have this blow off valve hks ssq bov givs some picturs from the installed bov in the legnum vr4
thanks dirk

Just mount it where the factory one was and blank off the recirc pipe, you may need an adapter pipe to mount it onto the Legnum....

Nice But
13-01-2008, 11:16 PM
The words from the HKS site.........

Super Sequential Valve (SSQV).
The HKS Super Sequential Valve is a dual stage pull type relief valve, which prevents compressor surge by releasing (either back into the intake stream or into the atmosphere) the compressed air flow that is normally forced backwards into the turbo as the throttle is closed.

Engine performance is increased from quicker turbo spool up as the compressor speed is not reduced by backwards air flow. The life expectancy of the turbo is also increased, as its bearings will not suffer from the impact that is common with compressor surge. For maximum performance the SSQV incorporates a small primary valve for quick activation that opens under light boost and load conditions and a larger secondary valve that opens sequentially to relieve pressure under higher boost and load conditions. The SSQV is constructed from billet aluminium for durability and has a high quality polished finish.

The SSQV’s are available as vehicle specific kits or as a universal unit for custom applications. Vehicle specific kits come complete with all the necessary mounting flanges, brackets and hardware for easy installation. For the universal applications steel, and aluminium weld on flanges are available.

Gold coloured triple fin inserts that produce the same unique aggressive blow-off sound, as the standard silver inserts are available as an optional replacement, as are metallic purple inserts that produce a lower frequency sound over the standard item. A re-circulating fitting, which re-routes the discharged compressed air back into the intake stream, is also available. £215 but HKS stuff is good kit.

AncientOfMu
14-01-2008, 12:00 AM
cheers don btw have you found a good owner for your car yet ?

Havnt found an owner good or otherwise.

Although i did get offered 2500 for it /Grrr :thinking: :speechles /pan

The wife said I could keep it if thats all im gonna get for it :P.

Just have to weait for the right buyer i spose.

Kieran
14-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Although i did get offered 2500 for it /Grrr :thinking: :speechles /pan

I hope you told them where to shove it! Cheeky sods!/pan

AncientOfMu
14-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I hope you told them where to shove it! Cheeky sods!/pan

Yes I did. The disadvantage of putting ones car on ebay is that people think they can buy it for less than half its market value.

I told him I would rather break it than give it away for that price and surprisingly I never heard from him again.....:thinking:

rees
14-01-2008, 01:27 PM
f*** it keep it
- thats the only problem with these cars they're such an unsung hero - even if you try and part ex to a trader he'll probably say "no thanks , cant shift em mate "