PDA

View Full Version : colleagues with bad breath

Ryan
11-01-2008, 03:24 AM
I've had a terrible time today. I've had to work closely with this person here at work and her breath smells like she's been eating corpses or something - can even smell it at range. I tried offering her some chewing gum but she's like "Oh no thank you" whilst beaming away at me.

Nasty

bradc
11-01-2008, 03:38 AM
what are her tits like?

Ryan
11-01-2008, 03:39 AM
fried eggs maybe?

MGV6
11-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Everyone has bad breath. Its just that some people have it more then others.

Paul Beazer
11-01-2008, 08:18 AM
And some people actually clean their teeth. I hate bad breath, esp if its someone you work with, i mean how to say anything without upsetting them. "Cor! Whos **** themselves?" prob wont work lol.

Fred
11-01-2008, 09:26 AM
well i have a slight feeling why she might have it...."cough cocksucker cough"

Ryan
14-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Seriously - something is wrong with this person. She has a bad case opf halitosis. She was speaking to the person behind me and I could detect the odour of her breath which smells like something akin to carrion.

Either she never brushes her teeth or she has some sort of problem. She should really seek help otherwise I will be forced to wear one of those NBC style masks.

uploaded/50107/1200282082.jpg

Joanne
14-01-2008, 04:54 AM
You could have a dish on mints on your desk and offer them out.

bradc
14-01-2008, 06:00 AM
just stand up in the middle of the day and scream out WTF is that F'ing smell?

Ryan
14-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Hahah - good one Brad :)

Joanne if I had a dish of mints on my desk I'd be eating them as ... well... I like eating.

psbarham
14-01-2008, 08:08 AM
just stand up in the middle of the day and scream out WTF is that F'ing smell?

gets my vote

NevGroom
14-01-2008, 09:31 AM
I remember years back, I had a part-time job being a pain-in-the-ar$e double glazing telephone seller. There were about 20 of us shacked-up in this really tiny room. One evening, a 'newbie' turned up who had the most appalling BO. The Supervisor got someone to pop up to the local shop and buy some deodourant and went on to present it to said 'newbie'. The reaction was quite spectacular!!/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /pan :soapbox: :evil2:

Turbo_Steve
14-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Buy her a bottle of water.
Chances are, if her breath smells she's dehydrated. Most people with "coffee breath" (that rank smell that really carries) just need to drink some water and BAM it's gone.

Depending on how well you know her, it might be worth pulling her quietly to one side and just tell her straight. Be honest and say that you just wanted to warn her she needs a breath mint or to drink some water because it "wasn't too bad this morning but it's getting worse now" or something.

Be supportive and honest and like a friend: like you're telling her because you care about what other people think, like you're being supportive and helpful and honest because you trust her and you want her to trust you and all that jazz, y'know, basic human being stuff, and chances are she'll be a bit embarrassed, take it on board and respect you for being honest.

Sounds girly, but it works.

Paul Beazer
14-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Be supportive and honest and like a friend: like you're telling her because you care about what other people think, like you're being supportive and helpful and honest because you trust her and you want her to trust you and all that jazz, y'know, basic human being stuff, and chances are she'll be a bit embarrassed, take it on board and respect you for being honest.

and that you'd like to get into her knickers? Or should that be left out?? Im never sure!

Turbo_Steve
14-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I'd leave that until 2nd date...and then only hint at it! :d

sky insurance
14-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Have the same problem with my boss, the only thing he eats/drinks at work is bombay badboy pot noodles, rice cakes and tea... can you imagine those mixed together? Makes me sick! Mind you, he moans about my fag/tea breath...

Little Miss Road Rage
14-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Buy her a bottle of water.
Chances are, if her breath smells she's dehydrated. Most people with "coffee breath" (that rank smell that really carries) just need to drink some water and BAM it's gone.

Depending on how well you know her, it might be worth pulling her quietly to one side and just tell her straight. Be honest and say that you just wanted to warn her she needs a breath mint or to drink some water because it "wasn't too bad this morning but it's getting worse now" or something.

I think this is the best way maybe get a bottle of Ratar Dex (a special bad breathe mouth wash). Break it to her gently, give her the mouth wash to help and things should start looking up. She prob doesn't have any idea and will be eternally grateful.

My mum broke the news to the librarian at my school and gave her some special deodorant for her BO and she was always good friends with my mum and done loads of computer stuff for me.

Spirit
14-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I definately agree with the honesty approach.........just be tactful and tell the poor lass.